Force Run The Game In Directx 10
Its recommended to run the game in the DirectX 10 version forcefully using the command option. If your PC is running on DirectX 9 or lower then make sure to forcefully try running the ARK Survival Evolved game. To do so:
- First, launch the Steam client > Go to LIBRARY.
- Locate and right-click on the ARK Survival Evolved game.
- Click on Properties > Select GENERAL from the left pane menu > Type -dx10 under the Launch Options.
- Now, simply go back and launch the game. If prompted, click on the radio button next to the Play option of ARK Survival Evolved.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Launch Epic Games Launcher > Go to Settings from the bottom left corner.
- Head over to the bottom of the page > Find out the Manage Games section.
- Locate and click on ARK Survival Evolved under Manage Games.
- Now, check the Additional Command-Line Arguments checkbox.
- Type in -dx10 in the field > Go back and launch the game.
Close Background Running Tasks
Unnecessary background running tasks or programs can eat up a lot of system resources like CPU or Memory usage literally reducing system performance. Hence, the startup crashing, lagging, and not loading issues appear quite often. Simply, close all the unnecessary background running tasks completely. To do this:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, restart your system.
Now, you can check whether youve fixed the ARK Survival Evolved Crashing on your PC or not. If not, follow the next method.
Solution 1: Run The Game In Compatibility Mode
There might be some compatibility issues between the game and your OS that can cause crashes. We will be using Windows 7s compatibility mode here that can possibly resolve the issue. Follow the steps below to do so:
Recommended Reading: How Do You Charge Xbox One Controller
Solution : Delete Any Installed Game Mods
Mods are usually used to enhance the gameplay experience however sometimes it can cause the ARK crashing issue. To check if it is indeed the game mods that is causing this problem you can delete any installed game mods. You can do this by going to the Ark folder then delete the mods folder.
Once deleted try checking if the ARK crashing problem still occurs.
Solution 1: Reinstall Ark: Survival Evolved
If all the above methods fail to work, you should reinstall the game which has a high probability of resolving your issue. To do so, follow the steps below:
Also Check: How To Clear System Cache Xbox One
Solution 2 Verify Integrity Of Game Files
If the game files of ARK Survival Evolved on your computer are corrupt or missing, you may encounter ARK crashing PC. In this case, it is important to verify the integrity of game files. If you have Steam installed on your PC, you can follow the steps below to verify integrity of game files via Steam client.
Step 1. Restart your computer and launch Steam client on your PC.
Step 2. Go to the Library section, right-click on the game ARK: Survival Evolved in the list of games and choose Properties from the menu.
Step 3. In the Properties window, switch to the Local Files category and then click the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
Step 4. When it is finished, launch ARK Survival Evolved again and check if that ARK keeps crashing gets resolved.
How To Fix Ark Keeps Crashing
When youre trying to tame a particularly fierce rex, nothing is more frustrating than a brief freeze and then the sight of your desktop. ARK crashes can keep you from enjoying the game like nothing else but theyre fixable. The real trick is narrowing down exactly whats causing your specific crash.
ARK is a large and complex game. There are a lot of aspects where problems can crop up, or things can go wrong. Start with the most straightforward solutions before moving to the more difficult ones to save yourself some time if its an easy fix.
Recommended Reading: How To Setup Xbox Live
Why Does Gta 5 Online Keep Crashing On Xbox One
The recent patch update 1.53 was supposed to improve general network connectivity improvements. But unfortunately, the situation has become worse. Many players are also getting stuck at the loading screen while switching from offline to online mode. Others are not even able to run the game in offline mode. Here the patch notes of GTA update 1.53 for PS4 / Xbox One / PC:
- General / Miscellaneous
- General network connectivity improvements
Rockstar studios have not commented anything on this topic. We believe Rockstar is aware of the problem due to the vast number of players reporting the issue via Twitter and Reddit. We are expecting a hotfix soon for the problem, and Rockstar to release a hotfix for players. It would nice to have an acknowledgment tweet or confirmation from Rockstar for the player base. Because as of now there no manual fixes that players can implement from their side. The issue is seeming to affect more and more players each day. We will be keeping a close eye on any updates from Rockstar can update this session once this issue is fixed.
Thats everything is there to know about why GTA 5 online crashing on Xbox one. While you are here, also check out our Video Game Guides for more tips and tricks in all the latest games.
Ark: Survival Evolved Random Crashes
For some players, the game crashes when they try to start it, when they try to connect to a server or when they are playing the game and getting random crashes constantly from 10 minutes to 10 minutes.
I finally have been able to enter the actual game, for about 5 seconds. Then it crashes, or exits to the main menu, and then I can start all over.
Tried joining a server, even local, and through the loading screen the game crashes. Ive looked into the save log location. However, every .log file is empty.
Solution: You need to change the compatibility mode to Windows Service Pack 1 and restart the game. If this wont work for you try our patch at the end of the post for a definite fix. For more details go to the end of the post!
- Fatal error crashing, if you encounter this issue follow the tip below from a Steam user to fix it:
Read Also: How To Join Xbox Party On Pc
Fix : Restart Your Ps4
One quick fix to common game issues on PS4 is restarting your device. If ARK crashes constantly on your PS4, try rebooting your device, then relaunch your game. Here is how to do it:
1) On the front panel of your PS4, press the power button to turn it off.
2) After your PS4 is turned off completely, unplug the power cord from the back of the console.
3) Wait for 3 minutes, and then plug the power cord back into your PS4.
4) Press and hold the power button again to restart your PS4.
Restart your game to check if this fixed your problem. If your game still crashes, dont worry! There are still 2 more fixes to try.
How Can I Stop My Game From Crashing On My Xbox One Console
There are a few different things you may attempt to do in order to prevent the crashing of your Xbox One game. First things first, check to see whether all of the most recent software patches have been installed on your console. The next thing you need do is uninstall the game and then reinstall it. If that doesnt work, try power cycling your console by holding the power button for ten seconds until it shuts off, then waiting for thirty seconds before turning it back on again. If that doesnt work, try power cycling your console by holding the power button for ten seconds until it turns off. Reach out to the Microsoft support team for assistance if you have exhausted all other options.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Gta Rp On Xbox
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Ensure to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on your computer to completely fix multiple gaming issues or errors. To do that:
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard to open up the Start Menu.
- Type Apps & Features and click on it from the search result.
- Now, locate the Microsoft Visual C++ program in the list.
- Select each program and click on Uninstall.
- Visit the official Microsoft website and download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Once done, install it on your computer, and restart the system to change the effects.
Putting The Game To Use The Directx 11
As suggested by a lot of users Ark requires Directx11 to run successfully, by following the below Ark Crashing pc 2018 steps make sure that you are also using the direct x 11 otherwise change it.
- STEP 1. While you are running Steam, on the top and click on Games
- STEP 2. Now among the game list click on Ark: Survival Evolved from the left
- STEP 3. Now right-click on it and go to properties
- STEP 4. Go to the General tab and click on Set Launch Options
- STEP 5. Now put the below text
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d11
- STEP 6. Putting this will make sure that your system is using the DirectX11
- STEP 7. Save the changes close Steam completely and relaunch it
Read Also: How To Turn On Coordinates In Minecraft Xbox One
Ark: Survival Evolved Stuck On Loading Screen
Another common problem reported by various gamers is the Ark survival evolved loading screen problem. As per the gamers while launching the game get stuck on the loading screen and in some cases Ark survival evolved freezes on the loading screen.
This issue is broadly affecting a lot of gamers, and the problem generally occurs due to low RAM, or the system wont meet the game system requirements it may get stuck and the loading takes more time.
Solution 1: Reset Your Gpu Clocks Back To Normal
It has been observed a lot that ARK does not respond too well to overclocked GPUs, if you have ever overclocked your GPU or your GPU manufacturer provides a switch for overclocking mod and you have enabled it then it is recommended to switch that off, or manually underclock your GPU back to the default clocks. Once you have set the clocks to default, try launching the game again and see if the ARK keeps crashing issue is resolved.
Recommended Reading: How To Pull Someones Ip On Xbox
Solution : Reinstall The C++ Redistributable
ARK survival evolved has been known for graphical glitches that might lead to crashes, these glitches are caused due to problems with the Visual C++ Redistributable. Here is how you can reinstall them:
Fix : Verify Ark Game Files
If one of Arks game files has become corrupted or missing then this is going to cause the game problems and it may keep crashing. Luckily we can check if the files are okay within Steam and the Epic Games launcher, depending on what you use to launch ARK Survival Evolved.
Verify Ark files in Steam:
- Open Steam > Go to your Library and find ARK: Survival Evolved
- Right-click on it and go to Properties
- Select Local Files and then Verify Integrity of game files.
Verify Ark files in Epic Games Launcher:
- Open Epic Games Launcher> Go to the Library
- Find the game icon for Ark: Survival Evolved
- Click on the 3 dots and select Verify
You May Like: How To Enable Crossplay On Xbox
How Do I Stop Ark From Crashing On Xbox
There are a few things that you can do to try and stop Ark from crashing on your Xbox. First, make sure that you have the latest updates for both Ark and your Xbox. Sometimes, game developers will release updates that fix bugs and performance issues.
Second, try clearing your Xboxs cache. Again, this can help to improve performance and stability. To do this, go to the Settings menu, then System, and finally Storage. From there, you can select Clear local storage.
Finally, if all else fails, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Ark. This will delete any saved data or settings, so be sure to back up your game first. If you follow these steps, you should be able to stop Ark from crashing on your Xbox.
Solution 7 Check Computer Hardware Problems
If all the above solutions do not work, you should check if there are hardware issues on your computer. Because games like ark depend heavily on your hardware, if you have bad hardware, such as RAM or PSU, they may crash constantly.
In this case, you’d better check your computer for hardware problems and replace the bad hardware components as soon as possible. To diagnose computer hardware issues, here is a post for your reference:
You May Like: Can You Get Netflix On Xbox 360
Solution : Check Your Hard Drive
Use third-party software such as HWinFO to perform a check on your Hard Drive. If you are observing a constant 100% usage on your Hard Drive then try reinstalling your windows and if that does not fix the issue, then it is probably that your Hard Drive has bad sectors and will soon die on you, so you better replace it and get a new one. That very well might fix the ARK keeps crashing issue.
Solution : Make Sure Your Pc Meets The Necessary Hardware Requirements To Play Ark Survival Evolved
One of the reasons why your Ark Survival Evolved constantly crashes is because you are playing it on a computer that does not meet the hardware requirements. Studio Wildcard has listed the minimum system requirements needed for this game. Your computer should meet at least the minimum system requirements in order to get a good gaming experience.
Minimum system requirements:
OS: Windows 7/8.1/10
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better
DirectX: Version 10
Storage: 60 GB available space
Additional Notes: Requires broadband internet connection for multiplayer
You May Like: Why Does My Xbox Keep Freezing
Try Disabling Overlay Apps
A couple of popular apps do have their overlay program that can eventually run in the background and cause issues with the gaming performance or even launching issues. You should turn them off to fix the issue by following the steps below:
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select ARK Survival Evolved.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar option.
If in case, youre unable to find out the Game Bar option, then just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes, and launch the game again.
Also, keep in mind that you should disable some other overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that always run in the background.
Solution : Check For The Minimum System Requirements
Do have a look at the minimum requirements that your System must fulfill in order to be able to play the game properly.
To play ARK your computer must meet the minimum system requirements mentioned above. To check your specifications, follow the procedure below:
Compare these with the above minimum system requirements, your PC specifications should be equal to or higher than the minimum requirements of ARK.
Read Also: How To Change Xbox Profile Pic
Solution : Delete Any Game Mods
If the ARK Survival Evolved freezing issue occurs right after you installed certain game mods then the problem is most likely caused by the mods. Although these mods can usually enhance your gaming experience there are instances when it can cause the ARK crashing issue or freezing problem. Try deleting any game mods you are using by deleting its folder from the ARK folder.