What You Need To Know
- Mojang Studios is releasing the Nether Update for Minecraft in just a few days.
- The update is a complete overhaul of the Nether, Minecraft’s rendition of Hell.
- In the last few days before the release on June 23, 2020, Mojang Studios has a release candidate.
- This final build fixes a few last minute bugs, before everyone gets their hands on the update.
The Nether Update is nearly upon us, and Mojang Studios has what might be the last preview build for us impatient testers to take out for a spin before the final launch day on . It’s been a while since Minecraft had such a large update so this is very exciting. This new build isn’t referred to as a Pre-Release build, instead donning the title “release candidate.” That means unless Mojang Studios finds anymore bugs that require fixing, this is the build that everyone will recieve come launch day.
This one just has a handful of fixes, mostly focusing on some niche crashing issues you might run into in specific scenarios. One other fix is for irregular surface generation in the Nether for things like lava that floats or crimson forests that spawn without nylium . Nothing too groundbreaking here, but appreciated nonetheless.
You can find the full changelog here, or you can read our guide to find out how you can test what could be the final build for the Nether Update a few days before everyone else. I think I’ll be content just waiting a few more days.
Minecraft Developer Mojang Is Getting Ready To Release A Huge New Update On Ps4 Xbox One Pc Nintendo Switch Ios And Android
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Minecraft fans are counting down to the release of the big Nether update on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
The next major Minecraft update has a June 23 release date on consoles and PC. There’s currently no word on an exact launch time, so check back soon for confirmation.
The new update introduces a whole host of new features, from Biomes and blocks, to new MOBS and crafting items.
Minecraft fans will be able to play around with the new Pure netherite block, which is described as “the strongest, most durable material in Minecraft”. Players can craft it by combining nine;netherite ingots.
Players must also beware of Hoglins and Piglins, although the latter are willing to trade with players for the right goods.
Elsewhere, new Biomes include;Crimson forests,;Soul sand valleys, and Warped forests.
Target Blocks are one of the more interesting new additions. They’re described as;Redstone components that can be activated with projectiles.
“The Signal is stronger depending on how close the projectile is to the center of the block,” Mojang explains. “The signal strength goes up to 15.”
How Do I Prepare My Old Worlds For The Nether Update
Prepping your old worlds for the Nether Update isn’t nearly as complicated as it might have been in the past, and it’s not much of a hassle. With older versions of Minecraft, any big updates to the game might have involved starting new worlds or even resetting the Nether and End dimensions, leading to players losing anything they had done in those areas. With the Bedrock and Java Editions of Minecraft today, this isn’t necessary anymore, because maps are essentially endless.
This means that Minecraft can simply pull in new content and features whenever it generates new bits of land in the game. Minecraft generates areas in pieces called chunks, which are 16 blocks by 16 blocks large. Whenever a player gets close to the current border of the world, Minecraft generates new chunks outside of that border before the player even realizes something is happening. When the Nether Update arrives, just exploring new parts of the Nether will be enough to generate chunks including all-new content and features.
All you have to do to prep your old worlds for Minecraft is:
Don’t Miss: Where To Pre Order Xbox Series X
Minecraft Java Update: 117 Caves & Cliffs Part 1
- Blue axolotls can now only be obtained through breeding
- Non-screaming goats now have a rare chance to produce a screaming goat when bred
- Status effects on goats now also apply when the goat is jumping or ramming
- Raised the drop rate for copper ingots from Drowned to 11% + 2% per level of looting
- Powder snow now fills cauldrons 2 times faster than before
- Zombies, Zombie Villagers, Husks and Drowned will no longer pick up glow ink sacs
Netherite Ore & Tools
The main reason to go exploring in the new Nether is Netherite. This high-level ore is even stronger than diamond but is a bit complicated to create.
First, you’ll need to find ancient debris. Like diamond these spawn in the lower levels of the Nether. We’re talking Y11-16. They are very rare though.
DARKNESS: Netherite gives you that goth look you always wanted
Once you get them, you’ll have to smelt them to make Netherite Scraps. Four of those, plus four gold ingots, will make just ONE Netherite ingot!
The tools and armour you can create are incredibly durable and vastly superior to diamond, it might just take you a few days and several diamond pickaxes to find enough ancient debris to make it!
- Target blocks:;hit with an arrow to send out a redstone signal.
- Crimson Stems and Warped Stems:;wood-like materials.
- Basalt blocks:;similar to pillars and can be placed in any direction.
- Crimson Nylium and Warped Nylium:;ground surface blocks. Nylium can be spread by using bone meal on Netherrack.
- Nether Sprouts, Crimson Roots and Warped Roots:;vegetation blocks.
- Crimson Fungi and Warped Fungi:;can be grown using bone meal.
- Weeping Vines:;vines grow from the bottom of the block.
- Shroomlights:;a source of natural light.
- Soul Soil:;when fire touches this soil the flames turn blue.
- Warped Warts:;decorative blocks.
Recommended Reading: How To Set Up Xbox One
Minecraft Java Update: 1151 Patch Notes
Patch 1.15.1 is a simple little patch with mostly full of bug fixes. No new content, but important improvements nonetheless! Head here for the official patch page.
- Optimized chunk rendering performance, especially for chunks with many different block states
- Fixed an error spammed to the game’s log files caused by custom spawner blocks spawning villagers
- Improved network handling of invalid Biome ids
- Fixed a crash in the Realms screen
- Fixed bugs
- Removed Herobrine
Music Effects And Everything Else
Two features that were present in the Nether Update that didn’t make themselves known were Achievement rewards and emotes. Players can now be rewarded with character creation cosmetic items or emotes when completing certain Achievements, and can also express themselves with emotes. New premium emotes will also be made available through the Marketplace. More information here.
Just under a week before the Nether Update was officially released, Mojang Studios released the official soundtrack, complete with all the new music being added in the Nether Update, to Spotify for everyone to access and enjoy. If you’re interested, you can find our full news post here detailing the release, with links to the playlist.
I always love to see the attention to detail in games, especially when it comes to the atmospheric qualities, like the soundtrack. Mojang isn’t letting us down here, with new music to come, as well as a lot of other improvements.
- New music for the Nether Update. Mojang brought on Lena Raine to compose three new songs that will play in the nether wastes, crimson forests, soulsand valleys, and basalt deltas. There’s also a new disc you can only find in bastion remnant treasure chests called “pigstep,” which is a song with some funk. Will we see even more? I hope so.
Here are all the Advancements added in the Nether Update:
You May Like: How To Make Updates Go Faster On Xbox One
Nether Update Mob Anger Rules
Forgive Dead Players
- If this gamerule is disabled, then angered mobs will stay angry even if the targeted player dies
- If both forgiveDeadPlayers and universalAnger are enabled, an angered neutral mob will stop being angry when their target dies. They won’t seek any new targets after that
- Notable exception: Angered Zombified Piglins continuously spread anger. So even if one Zombified Piglin stops being angry because its target died, other angered Zombified Piglins nearby are likely to make it angry again. The only way to stop the anger is if none of the angered Zombified Piglins see a player for a while
Neutral Mob AngerUpdated anger management for most neutral mobs .
- When hurt by a player, the neutral mob will target that player and try to kill it
- The mob will stay angry until the player is dead or out of sight for a while
- Anger is persistent, so a player can’t escape by temporarily logging out or switching dimension
- If a targeted player dies near the angered mob, it will stop being angry
- Neutral mobs also get angry at other mobs who hurt them. However, that anger is not persistent
- Angered neutral mobs will only attack the offending player, not innocent bystanders
- Notable exception: If a beehive or nest is broken, the bees will be angry at all nearby players
Minecraft Nether Update: Mobs Biomes And Everything We Know
Plenty more reasons to visit Minecrafts darkest dimension
If the Nether isnt already challenging enough for you, then the features added to the Minecraft Nether update may prove to be worthy of your time. New biomes, mobs, and blocks coming to the dark realms of Minecraft, there will be plenty to conquer when this chthonic realm.
If youre unfamiliar with the Nether, its an alternate dimension in Minecraft that can only be accessed using a Minecraft Nether portal from the overworld. Its filled with all sorts of horrors, including hostile mobs and challenging terrain. It is however, a valuable haven of resources used for looting and crafting. Up until the Nether update, this region was relatively untouched, with no fresh challenges for players or exciting new hazardous environments to explore.;This update opens up many new creative opportunities and reasons to visit this deadly destination.
This Minecraft Nether update adds a bunch of additions to the hostile environment , so if it wasnt worth a visit before, then check out all the new items, mobs, and other curios added to the underworld.
Read Also: How Much Is The Xbox 2
Upcoming: Caves & Cliffs Part 2 118
Minecraft’s next major content release is the second half of their major Caves & Cliffs update. This time, bug changes will be coming to the game’s caves and cliffs. It was originally planned as part of update 1.17, but Mojang decided to split the update into two parts. The first part released on June 8 while the second part of the update arrives later this year.;
The Minecraft 1.18 update is when caves will get their own new biomes like the lovely Lush Caves and the much spookier Deep Dark biome where the new Warden mob lives.;The experimental snapshots have also revealed new mountain-based biomes such as the Stony Peaks, the Snowy Slopes, and the Mountainous Meadow.
Minecraft 117 Caves & Cliffs Update Part 1 To Be Released On June 8th 2021
We’re just a little over a week away from experiencing some of the new, anticipated features to be added in the Minecraft 1.17 Caves & Cliffs Update. As of June 8th, 2021 the first part of the update will go live and be downloadable everywhere.
Grab your nearest calendar and start circling with a vengeance: Caves & Cliffs: Part I arrives June 8th on both Java and Bedrock!Learn all about this jam-packed new update:
Minecraft May 31, 2021
It will be available for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on; Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and Windows 10. Minecraft Java Edition will also be on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
The first part of this update will include the mobs the goat, axolotl, and glow squid. Minecrafters will get to experience the tranquility of the ocean with axolotls and glow squids, but know that the fearful addition of the warden is right around the corner in the second part of the update.
The original post on Minecraft.net teases “plenty of new blocks,” naming off the amethyst, dripleaves and copper as just a few of the many new additions.
Also Check: How To Find Someones Ip Adress On Xbox
Mojang Reveals The Nether Update For Minecraft To Launch Next Week
The long-anticipated update will bring Minecraft players into a fiery new world
Mojang Studios has announced that its highly anticipated The Nether Update for Minecraft will finally arrive next week.
- READ MORE: Minecraft Dungeons review: short but sweet dungeon crawler that struggles to live up to its name
The developer revealed the new June 23 release date via the Minecraft website. The Nether Update will be available across most platforms, including Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, Linux, iOS;and Android. The Bedrock and Java editions will also receive the update on the same day.
The Nether Update adds four new Nether biomes: Soul Sand Valley, Crimson Forest, Warped Forest and Basalt Deltas. It will also include new enemies and unique spawn rates depending on where players are in the game.
Among the new enemy types are Hoglins, Piglins, Striders and Zoglins. According to Rock Paper Shotgun, the Hoglins are hostile mobs that can be captured and bred as a food source if players arent killed by them first.
On the other hand, Piglins are humanoid mobs, equipped with sword and crossbows, that allegedly love gold so much that if players wear gold armour, the creatures will be passive and be open to trade in exchange for gold ingots.
- Related Topics
What Features Will Be In The Nether Update For Minecraft
The Nether Update will bring fresh mechanics, mobs, and biome features to the hellish dimension. With the many, many snapshot and beta releases showing off some of the changes we can expect, we now have a better idea of what’s coming with the Nether Update. Mojang may also have some additional changes planned that we still don’t know about, but we’ll tackle that as it comes!
Here’s what we do know is coming:
You May Like: Will Xbox 360 Play Blu Ray
Minecraft Java Update 1162 Piglin Brutes And More
Minecraft Java’s first big update following this year’s Nether Update adds a few Nether-related features and more accessibility options. The start of the show is the brand new mob, the so-tough-it-doesn’t-need armor Piglin Brute. It’s big, mean, and carries an axe. Hey Mojang, why can’t we carry axes?
Better Safe Than Sorry
As long as you follow this guide, you’ll be set for when you first play the Nether Update on any of your older worlds. There’s not a lot to do except enjoy, and try not to die too many times in the very colorful, very pretty, and still very dangerous Nether. Of course, Mojang Studios found a way to get players to willingly attempt to live in constant fear just to stay in the Nether. But hey, hoglins are cute.
You May Like: How To Connect To Xbox Live
Minecraft Java Update: 116 The Nether Update
- Added the Soul Speed enchantment
- Added the lodestone
- Added the respawn anchor that allows you to set your respawn point in the Nether. Use while holding glowstone to charge to a maximum of four charges each respawn use one charge
- You can charge the respawn anchor using a dispenser
Minecraft Nether Update Release Time
There has been no indication what sort of time the release will be pushed out, however it’s worth bearing in mind that past Minecraft updates have been published in the late afternoon or evening in UK time.
That’s because these updates tend to roll out in the morning or around midday in the US, and that results in things kicking off a bit later here in the UK and Europe.
Of course, this isn’t really predictable and the update is liable to go live at any time just don’t plan your day around playing the Nether Update when, chances are, it’ll be arriving a bit later than usual.
We’ll keep our eye on the game and update you when it’s available.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Xbox 360 Controller To Phone