How To Sync Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth
Besides the above two ways to connect Xbox One Controller, you can also choose to sync Xbox One controller via Bluetooth.
Now, here is the tutorial.
1. Hold the Guide button down on the controller to turn it on.
2. Hold the Pairing button on the controller for three seconds until the Guide button flashes.
3. Open your computer, and go to Settings > Devices> Bluetooth & other devices.
4. Then choose Add a Bluetooth device.
5. In the pop-up window, click Add Bluetooth or other device.
6. Then select Bluetooth.
7. Next, click Xbox Wireless Controller.
8. Then wait until the guide button is solid white.
After that, you have successfully synced Xbox One controller to your computer and you can play with it.
Related article: 3 Simple Ways to Connect Xbox One Controller to a Windows PC
Troubleshooting Tips If Your Xbox Controller Isn’t Connecting
Though the sync button attempts to make things as easy as possible, it might not work every time. If so, run through the following troubleshooting tips:
- If you are connecting a controller wirelessly, and the Xbox button doesn’t blink when pressed, make sure you hold it down for a few more seconds – it won’t sync straight away.
- It sounds obvious, but make sure it has enough battery life remaining. Also, make sure the batteries are properly connected it’s surprisingly easy to get the polarity of the respective batteries the wrong way round, so it’s worth double checking.
- If you have waited too long to connect the controller after pressing the sync button, it will stop syncing, so double check it is still flashing as you are trying to connect when trying again.
- For PC and mobile devices, remember some Xbox controllers will not have Bluetooth support, and require a dedicated official dongle. Also, though the Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S are compatible with controllers from either generation, they are not compatible with the Xbox 360 controller.
- If connecting with a cable, Xbox controllers have different connectors according to the generation – Xbox One’s uses a USB Micro, while the Xbox Series X / S uses a USB-C connector – so make sure you have the correct one to hand.
- If devices still aren’t finding one another, make sure your devices are fully up to date and running the latest firmware.
How To Assign A Controller To Your Profile
You can pair your Microsoft account to your Xbox One Wireless Controller so that you control the action on your console.
This is especially important when you have multiple users and controllers at the same time. By pairing your account to the wireless controller, you make sure that everyone has the best experience, and of course, the best achievement.
To assign an account to a controller, follow these steps:
This will pair the controller to this account.
If you use multiple controllers, you can tell which user is assigned to a specific controller when they can control whats happening on the screen. There are no LED indicators on the controller or console as with the Xbox 360 because with Xbox One, you can have up to eight controllers connected at one time.
Read Also: Can You Connect Airpods To Xbox Controller
Recommended By Our Editors
This $25 adapter has some benefits over Bluetooth. For starters, you can use up to eight gamepads with the adapter, while Microsoft recommends using just one at a time with Bluetooth. The headset jack is also enabled if you use the adapter, with adjustable settings in the Xbox app for Windows 10.
Using Your Xbox One Controller
Using a wired Xbox One controller on PC is as simple as it gets, if you don’t mind a tether. Plug your micro-USB cable into the controller and into a USB port on your PC. Windows should install the necessary driver, the Xbox Guide button in the center will light up, and you’re in business!
Windows version note: On Windows 10, you can connect up to eight Xbox One controllers, while on Windows 7 and Windows 8, you can connect up to four. On Windows 10, you can only have four controllers connected if you also connect an Xbox chat headset to the controller or two with the stereo headset. Audio throughput isn’t supported on Windows 7 and 8.
Troubleshooting note: the vast majority of micro-USB cables carry data no problem, but some manufacturers cheap out and produce cables that can only charge. If you’re using a random USB cable from a drawer and having trouble, try a different one.
Read Also: Will Xbox 360 Play Blu Ray
Products Used In This Guide:
- Adaptable: Mayflash Magic-NS Wireless Adapter
Note: You can also connect your Xbox One, Series X, or Series S controller to the Nintendo Switch via cable if that’s what you prefer. If you’re going to play in tabletop mode, it really helps to have a stand handy so that the cable can get plugged into the bottom of the console without issue. I love the Hori Compact Playstand and use it regularly.
How To Easily Switch The Xbox Controller From Pc To Console
The Xbox Series X controller has the ability to quickly swap between the console and a second connected device. Here are the steps to make the swap.
The Xbox Series X is full of hidden and useful features that make using the system an absolute breeze. Well, it turns out these useful features arent limited to the console. Apparently, the Series X controller is capable of syncing to two devices at the same time.
And whats more, its a simple matter to switch between the two connected devices. Ken Lobb, Creative Director at Microsoft Game Studios tweeted out a handy image of exactly how to switch back and forth between devices.
You May Like: How To Take Off Parental Controls On Xbox
How To Connect An Xbox One Controller With A Cable
1. If youve got a drawer full of dozens of Micro USB cables then youre pretty much set for an incredibly quick and easy connection. Simply plug your Xbox One controller into the Xbox Series X or Series S and, well, thats pretty much it.
2. You can use the Xbox One controller as a wired controller even if it has no batteries in it. If youd rather go wireless, make sure its got batteries , and simply unplug the cable.
3. Connecting the cable just once will magically pair your controller to the console for all future sessions, so all youll have to do after that is hold down the power button to turn the controller on, and youre all set.
If You Have Bluetooth And The Newest Xbox One Wireless Controller
In the perfect scenario, you have a laptop and an Xbox wireless controller which both have Bluetooth, and so all you need to do is to pair them. Open up Windows 10’s start menu and find ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Bluetooth and other devices’
- Select ‘Bluetooth’
At this point, your laptop or desktop will start searching the nearby area for available Bluetooth devices in pairing mode. So power on your Xbox controller and put it into pairing mode.
- Press and hold the ‘X’ home button for a couple of seconds until it lights up
- Press and hold the small pairing button on the top edge
- Your ‘X’ home button should start flashing on and off
With your Xbox controller light blinking, that means it’s in pairing mode and it should show up in that list of available devices on your Windows 10 PC. Simply click on the Xbox wireless controller in that devices list, and within a second or two it’ll be connected and the light on behind the ‘X’ will be solid.
How To Sync An Xbox Series X Controller
Now that the Xbox Series X|S are out, youll likely be excited to dive into some of the systems new games, as well as old favorites from Xbox One and prior. Out of the box, the Xbox Series X comes with everything you need to start playing, including a wireless Xbox controller. Though, syncing the controller with your new system can be tricky if you arent familiar with the process.
In this guide, well go through everything youll need to know about pairing an Xbox controller to the new Xbox Series X system, as well as information about compatible controllers and more. Heres how to sync an Xbox Series X controller.
How To Resync Xbox One Controller
To resync the controller you have to ensure the Xbox One controllers light is flashing when you press the bind button. This means the controller is not having a hardware issue and it is turned on with enough power. If Xbox fails to detect the controller then you have to repair using consoles connect button. Once replace the batteries and check.
If you have more than one controller then you have to repeat these steps, once everything is synced properly you will be able to use the controller on Xbox One while playing games. If nothing works then to test whether the controller is not having any hardware issue connect with USB-to-Micro-USB cable with the console. The same is used for charging. Because Xbox supports both Wired and Wireless mode.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Xbox One To Hotel Wifi
Turn On Your Xbox One Controller
Turn on your Xbox One controller by pressing on the Xboxbutton, which is located on the front of the controller, in the center, near the top. The button will illuminate when the controller is on.
If the button doesn’t illuminate, make sure that you have batteries in the controller. If you don’t have batteries, then proceed to step six for information about connecting an Xbox One controller via USB.
How To Sync Xbox One Controller 2 Working Ways
Xbox One consoles by Microsoft are one of the most popular gaming consoles out there in the market. Newbie gamers face problems while connecting the controller and often search the internet for How to sync Xbox One controller.
To connect your Xbox One Controller with the console, press the Bind button on your console and controller. The Xbox light will start to flash. If it stays lit, the controller is now connected.
Alternatively, you can also use a USB cable to connect your controller with the console.
If you are also bumping into issues while playing your new Xbox One device, do not worry as in this article, we will be sharing two ways to connect your Xbox One controller with your console device.
Read Also: Xbox App 0xbba
How To Connect An Xbox One Controller Wirelessly
1. Turn on your Xbox Series X or Series S console by holding down the power button .
2. Turn on your Xbox One controller by doing the same thing hold down the big Xbox logo power button, located in the middle of the controller.
3. Next, youll need to press the pair button on your console of choice. On both the Series X, and Series S, this is located directly next to the USB port on the front of the console.
The Xbox logo power button will flash to confirm that youve pressed it, and that the console is now searching for accessories.
4. Within 20 seconds of you pressing the pair button on your console, youll need to press and hold the pair button on the Xbox One controller. On the controller, this button is located on the top, between the bumper buttons and next to the charging port.
After pressing it for a few seconds, the Xbox logo button in the middle of the controller will flash, and then remain solidly lit when its paired to the console. The process should only take a moment.
5. Once youve paired, youll eventually need to turn off your console, or even just your controller. Doing so is easy just hold down the middle Xbox logo power button on the controller, and youll see some options pop up on screen.
From here, you can choose to turn off your console , or just your controller if youd rather leave your console on.
Select your option with the left joystick, press “A” on the controller to select, and youre sorted.
How To Pair An Xbox One Controller With An Iphone Or Ipad
Open the Settings app.
Press Bluetooth. Bluetooth is probably already on, but if it isnt, flip the Bluetooth toggle at the top of the next page to green.
While the Bluetooth menu is still open, grab your Xbox One controller and make sure its charged. Turn it on by pressing the Xbox logo button.
Press the wireless enrollment button on the back of your Xbox One controller and hold it down for a few seconds. The light on the Xbox button should start flashing quickly
On your iPhone or iPad, you should see Xbox Wireless Controller pop up under Other Devices in the Bluetooth menu. Press it.
The light on your Xbox button should immediately stop flashing and stay lit. Your Xbox One controller is now paired.
Don’t Miss: How To Take Off Parental Controls On Xbox
Can’t Connect Your Xbox One Controller
The above steps should sync your Xbox controller and console in most cases. But if pairing doesn’t work, try these tips:
- Try replacing the batteries in the controller. If you use the Xbox One Play and Charge Kit for rechargeable batteries, make sure your controller is charged. Confirm that the cable you’re using to charge/connect works properly.
- Keep the controller close to the console when you sync it. The wireless connection between your console and controller has a range of about 20-30 feet.
- Turn off any other wireless devices that are close to the Xbox and controller to reduce interference.
- Fully restart your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the system for about 10 seconds. Disconnect the power cable for at least 30 seconds, then reconnect it and turn on your system again.
- Remember that you can only have eight controllers connected to the system at once.
Also, keep in mind that when you press the Xbox button on your controller, it tries to connect to the system it was last paired to. If you have multiple Xbox One consoles, your controller may thus be connecting to another system as soon as you turn it on.
Try fully shutting down and unplugging any other Xbox One systems in your vicinity to avoid this overlap. This also applies if you’re trying to connect an Xbox One controller to a PC when the controller is already paired with your nearby console.
Can I Use Xbox Series S
You might have noticed that the controller for the Xbox Series S|X is near-identical to the Xbox One controller. As it turns out, Microsoft has baked forward and backward compatibility into these controllers.
This means that you can use Xbox One controllers on your Xbox Series S|X. In addition, you can use Xbox Series S|X controllers on your Xbox One system. This is a handy way to enjoy multiplayer titles on either console, even if you’re a few controllers short.
See our guide to using Xbox One controllers on the Xbox Series S|X for more info.
Recommended Reading: How To Manually Eject Disc From Xbox One
How To Update And Configure The Xbox One Controller
It’s not just games that have updates these days. So do controllers! While it’s not necessary to update your Xbox controller, if you want to, the process is pretty simple.
1. Open the Windows Store and search for Xbox Accessories. Install the app and open it.
Windows version note: The app only works with Windows 10 with the Anniversary update applied.
2. Plug your Xbox One controller in with a micro-USB cable.
3. Click the “More options” button to check if there’s a firmware update for your controller.
Instead of configuring controller options on a game-by-game basis, you can also use the Accessories app to change button mapping, swap and invert sticks and triggers, and enable or disable rumble.
If you have an Xbox One Elite controller, you can also use the Accessories app to configure options like trigger and analog stick sensitivity. You can save different configurations to the two profiles the controller supports.
How To Connect An Xbox One Controller Via Usb
You can also connect your Xbox One controller to an Xbox One console or a PC via USB, and it’s an extremely easy two-step process:
Recommended Reading: Disc Won’t Eject Xbox One
How To Pair An Xbox Series X Controller To A Pc
To pair an Xbox Series X controller to a PC, first make sure that your PC and controller have received the latest updates. Press the Xbox button on your controller to turn it on, then hold down the Pair button for 3 seconds before letting go. Next, on your PC go to Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and ensure that Bluetooth is turned on, then choose the Add Bluetooth or other device option. Click on Bluetooth in the Add a device screen, then wait until Xbox Wireless Controller appears in the device list and you’re ready to go.