How To Connect Your Xbox To Obs Studio
The first step is to connect your Xbox to your PC and import the video into OBS Studio. For this, you’ll need your capture card and two HDMI cables. If you use an external capture card you’ll also need the USB cable it came with to hook it up to the PC.
Connect the HDMI output from the Xbox to the HDMI input on the capture card.
Connect the HDMI output on the capture card to an HDMI input on whichever display you want to play games on.
From the dropdown box, select your capture card.
This is the first step to using the output from your Xbox console with OBS. Depending on your capture card, the stock settings should be 1080p resolution at 60 FPS. But this only concerns the input to OBS Studio. To ensure you’re getting a good-looking output, you’ll need to do some tweaks to the settings.
The good news is that the way the Xbox handles audio means you won’t need to do anything fancy to ensure both you and your stream can hear your games. It’s more awkward on the PS5, but the only thing you need to do in OBS is lower the capture card audio slider to make sure it isn’t drowning you out on the stream. The audio itself is pulled from the HDMI output on the console.
How Do I Make My Stream Look And Sound Great
Your gear and your upload speed play a crucial role in the quality of your stream, but theyre not all that matters. Content affects quality, too, albeit in a different way. There are some other effects you can add to your stream, as well as special settings you can pay attention to, that can make a lot of difference.
If you want your stream to look and sound like those of some of the most popular streamers, you should consider the following:
How To Stream On Your Xbox One Using The Twitch App
- You can stream on Xbox One by downloading the Twitch app in the Xbox Live Store.;
- Twitch is a free service that allows you to stream live content and gameplay to viewers around the world.
You might have heard of Twitch before, but are you still wondering what exactly is it?
Twitch is an online platform that allows people from around the world to watch content live via the internet or an app, similar to how baseball fans might watch their favorite team on TV. This process is known as “streaming.”
Also Check: How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Xbox
How To Get Good At Streaming On Twitch
On Twitch, success is measured by the distribution of hours watched. A very limited number of top streamers, four thousand of them, hold three-quarters of live hours watched. Twitch has around 9 million monthly streamers, so the math is obvious. A lot of people arent getting many eyeballs on their content.
Youll need to put in a bit more effort than just learning how to stream on Twitch if your goal is to find a place among the successful streamers. Creating your success strategy starts with the most important aspect: content.
How To Stream On Twitch From Xbox For Beginners
Previously streaming from the console was a complicated process as you would require a Personal Computer and hardware like a Capture Card. However, with the evolution of the Xbox consoles, streaming is no more irritating. Now you can also become a twitch streamer by following the steps required.
- You need to install the Twitch app from the Microsoft Store on your Xbox console.
- Now start that Twitch app on your Xbox and sign in. To sign in, you will need to log in from your web browser on your phone or PC and then enter the activation code on the browser. Then your Xbox console will connect to your Twitch account.
Twitch app on Xbox Microsoft Store.
- Start the game you want to stream and just exit to the home screen. You dont have to begin playing the game, simply leave the game its title screen and come to the Xbox home screen.
- Open the Twitch app again and go to the Broadcast option, where you will get the dashboard to control and start your stream.
- At the Twitch broadcast dashboard, you will get access to control the volume of your mic, party chat, and even the game. You can also choose the bitrate according to your internet connection. Further, you can also select the video quality you want to stream at. The Maximum available resolution for streaming on Xbox in 1080p.
- Next, you need to enter the title for your stream. Thats it, just simply hit the Start streaming button to go live on twitch.
Twitch Broadcast Dashboard.
Also Check: Where To Pre Order Xbox Series X
How Do I Make My Twitch Stream Look And Sound Perfect
Your gear and upload speed play a crucial role in the quality of your feed, but that’s not all that matters. Content also affects quality, albeit in a different way. You can add other effects to your flow, as well as special parameters that you can pay attention to, which can make a big difference.
If you want your stream to look like some of the more popular streamers, you need to consider the following:
Set up scenes in OBS Studio before the stream. Scenes are different layouts of the content you want to display on screen, and they’re essential to running the flow smoothly.
Prepare a home screen, brb screen, and end screen. These can be static images that tell people that you’re starting to stream content soon, that you must have stepped away from the stream, or that the stream has ended.
Start using overlays. Overlays can help you customize the look of your feed. Free, premium, and custom overlays are available.
Add alerts to your feeds. Alerts are audio-visual packages triggered by specific actions, such as someone subscribing to your channel. They are provided by third party services such as StreamLabs, Muxy and StreamElements.
Check out some Twitch extensions. These are basically apps that can interact with your feed and, for example, provide real-time statistics on your game’s performance. You can also use them to let your viewers play mini-games.
Connecting Your Twitch And Xbox Accounts
To make sure your Xbox One broadcasts to your Twitch account you’ll need to perform an initial connection using your computer. After your Twitch account is linked to your Xbox One, you won’t need to do it again unless you replace your console or change Twitch accounts.
Go to the official Twitch website in your web browser on your computer and login.
On your Xbox One, open the Twitch app and click the Log In button. The app will give you a six-digit code.
On your computer, in the same browser that you logged into Twitch, visit the special activation webpage and enter the code from the app.
Don’t Miss: How To Play Minecraft On Xbox
How To Stream On Xbox One
Streaming on Twitch via your Xbox One is simple.
Now, go over the settings within the Xbox to allow proper streaming.
Streaming with a webcam;
Broadcasting your stream;
How To Stream On Twitch From Console
Streaming isnt a PC-only affair, in fact, there are many different platforms that include consoles and even mobile gaming!
With the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox X, Xbox S, you can stream directly from the console. All gamers on these consoles will have to do is install the Twitch application and off they go without the need for any extra software or hardware.
Other gamers who use consoles like the PS3 or Nintendo Switch are going to need a capture card. Some of these capture cards plug straight into your device whereas some need installing into a PC so consider how you are going to run this kind of setup before you buy. It is worth noting you can use these capture cards on any console with some of the better ones being able to catch 4K gaming.
Read Also: How To Connect Arctis 9x To Xbox
Setting Up Your Obs For The Twitch Stream
Now we need to configure the software you chose to go with. We are using Streamlabs but you will find most streaming software is set up in a similar fashion.
Before we get started you are going to want to run your software as an administrator as it will grant permission to capture your games, which just makes things generally easier for you.
2. Now navigate to Stream in your settings window .
2. Now navigate to Stream in your settings window .
3. Under the Stream Type select Streaming Services and under the Service header you can select which streaming platform you wish to use which in this case is Twitch.
Now youre going to need your Stream Key which you can see a box for at the bottom of your OBS settings.
4. Head back onto Twitch.com, navigate to your dashboard just like before but this time click on the tab labeled Channel underneath the settings header.
5. Right at the top of this page, you will see your Primary Stream Key. Copy this and head back over to the streamer software.
6. Now back in your streaming software you want to paste the stream key into the relevant field labeled Stream Key and select Done/OK.
Download The Twitch App And Connect Your Account
Unlike the PS5, you need to download the Twitch app on your Series X or Series S to get started. Head to the Microsoft Store by following;My Games & Apps >;Apps > Microsoft Store.;In the store, select the;Search;icon, and search for Twitch. The first result is what you want to download .
Once the download is complete, open the Twitch app and select;Sign In;from the top menu. The app will then provide you a code that you can use to log in on your computer or mobile device. Go to twitch.tv/activate and enter the code to link your accounts. It takes a few seconds, but after entering the code, your account will automatically show up on your Xbox.
Recommended Reading: Why Is My Xbox Controller Not Working
How Do You Get Good At Streaming On Twitch
A very limited number of the best streamers, four thousand of them, get three quarters of the hours of live viewing. Twitch has around 3.6 million monthly streamers, so the math is obvious: a lot of people don’t have that many viewers.
You’ll need to put in a little more effort than learning how to stream on Twitch if your goal is to find a place among successful streamers. The best place to start determining your strategy for success is in the most important aspect: the content.
What Will I Need To Stream From Xbox One To Twitch
If you already have an Xbox One, Xbox One S or Xbox One X and a TV set, you won’t need much more to start your first stream on Twitch. However, you’ll have to make sure that your console is connected to the Internet either through a wireless connection or a wired one. The console’s controller should be used to navigate through menus or to play a game.
You’ll have to that is compatible with all versions of Microsoft’s gaming console and if you don’t already have an account on Twitch, you’ll have to create one. You can use chat, webcams, headsets or microphones in your broadcasts, although you’ll have to enable each of these features before your live stream starts. The Kinect sensor or any webcam compatible with the Windows OS can be used to capture the footage of you commentating on the game you’re playing, but Kinect is still your only option as webcam if you want to broadcast live streams on Twitch. However, if you’re sharing your videos to Microsoft’s Mixer live streaming platform you can use any Windows compatible webcam.
If you want to use the Kinect Sensor on Xbox One S or Xbox One X you’ll have to get the Kinect adapter since the sensor is only compatible with the original Xbox One. As we already mentioned, the Microsoft’s gaming console lets you record audio while broadcasting, and you can either use the Xbox One Chat Headset that connects directly to the controller or a third-party microphone or a headset that can be connected through a standard audio jack.
Also Check: Can You Play Xbox With Keyboard And Mouse
Streaming To Twitch From Ps4 And Xbox One
I already feel your eyes rolling and I get it. Though consoles let you go live with nothing more than the click of a button, their offerings in the features and flair department are slim.
Youll be amazed to discover, though, that there are streamers out there using nothing but their console, a headset, and maybe a camera pulling in lots of viewers and getting donations.
As the old content creators adage goes: theres no substitute for an attractive personality, or something to that effect. In fact, youd be shocked at how many streamers on Twitch with clear, professional-looking channels with all the bells and whistles are barely getting any views.
Streaming to twitch from a PS4 or Xbox One is the perfect gateway drug to what I can attest to being my favorite addiction. All you need is to make a Twitch account , log in via your consoles broadcasting settings, and then use your share features to start showing the world what youve got.
The majority of console streamers will use a headset plugged into their PS4 or Xbox One controller. The SteelSeries Arctis 3 Console Wired Headset;is a great bang for your buck as it packs in a crystal clear mic along with sweet bassy goodness to your ears. For the same money, you can also get a Blue Snowball condenser mic but you would have to hear your game through your TV.
Sadly, only PS4 owners have the luxury of using a proper mic. There are solutions for Xbox One but the audio quality leaves a lot to be desired.
Why Are You Doing It This Way
We felt this was the fastest way to get you back in control of your creative experience with console streaming.; With the shuttering of Mixer and termination of the Xbox Mixer-Lightstream integration, we needed a way to serve the community without waiting for the longer development cycles of native console application development. Our plan is still to work with our various partners to get the tightest integration and frictionless experience, but this will allow us to have no time gaps in providing this solution.
Read Also: How To Hack Xbox 360
Stream Using Your Xbox Or Playstation
While many streamers choose to start streaming with a laptop or computer, the good news is that for most gamers, you have everything you need to start streaming already in your living room. If youâve got a current-gen PlayStation or Xbox, you can be live on Twitch in just a few simple steps.;
1. Create a Twitch account from a mobile device or computer. We recommend downloading Twitch on your iOS or Android phone to adjust your stream settings on the fly, which is easy to do with your Stream Manager in the app. Also, donât forget to turn on Two-Factor Authentication to keep your account safe.
2. Download the Twitch Xbox app from the Microsoft Store. Note: you donât need the PlayStation app in order to broadcast from your PlayStation.
3. Personalize your channel by adding elements that reflect your personal brand to set yourself apart. This will help viewers know who you are when they discover your page! You can modify your profile photo and bio on mobile, or customize a number of additional settings via a web browser. Weâve set up an entire Creator Camp page on Personal Branding to show you all of the places you can customize your channel page to reflect you and your brand.
5. The quality of your audio is critical in helping you connect with viewers. There are a few great, affordable headsets with built-in microphone settings, like the Turtle Beach Recon 200, which work for all consoles and PC, that ensure great audio for your stream.;
Streaming from PlayStation