Xbox Series X And Series S: How To Create A New Gamertag And Profile
Get ready to game!
So, the power of the new Xbox Series X/S alongside the amazing deal that is Xbox Game Pass finally brought you over to the Microsoft family?
We welcome you with open arms, it is Christmas after all!
All thats left to do is create an account for you and each of your housemates and family members that want to try everything the green-machine has to offer.
Check out our guide on how to create an Xbox account and Gamertag below!
Once thats all done, use your new account wisely by playing these hit new games!
How Do You Set Up Multiple Accounts On Xbox One
Use Account Page Of Epic Games
One more method to crack this Your Xbox Live Account Has Already Been Associated with Another Epic Games Account problem is through the Account tab of the Epic Games. There you could easily unlink your Account by following these steps. Please go through these steps and Unlink your Xbox ID.
- Start with logging into your Epic Games Account
- Go to the Setting Option of Epic Games
- Look for Disconnect on the Upper Left corner
- You Should be able to Unlink your Account from there
Now you can get rid out of this issue.
You May Like: How To Hack Xbox 360
How To Remove Users From Xbox Series X / S And Xbox One
First, you need to open the Settings app. Chances are this is one of your most recent apps, meaning it’ll be already on the home screen, but if not, you can find it by:
- Pressing the Guide button on the controller, selecting the last option on the right, and finding Settings in the middle
- From console’s main dashboard, pressing Y to Search, then typing in Settings
- Selecting ‘My Games and Apps’ , then Apps on the left, then select Settings
Once you have opened Settings, from the menu options on the left, go to Account, then Remove accounts on the bottom right.
This will then bring up a list of all the accounts on the system, from Gamertags to guest accounts. Select the one you want, then remove.
Remember, you can always keep a Gamertag on another console and have it password protected, ensuring no one can access it but saves you going through the steps outlined earlier on the page.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our policy.
Consider Updating It Before Gifting It
First thing’s first, you’ll need to update that Xbox One! Providing the child in question won’t mind, I highly advise anyone buying Xbox consoles this year to carefully remove it from the box and connect it to your home internet, following the instructions bundled in the box.
The Xbox One has been continuously updated since launch, and the unit you receive might not be fully up to date. The patches can be gigabytes in size, and give your new console tons of extra features, but it can take a long time to update and install, especially if you’re on a slower connection.
To make sure the day isn’t spoiled by long update times, consider setting it up early, then re-boxing it after the updates are complete.
You May Like: Will Xbox 360 Play Blu Ray
How Do I Change My Phone Number On My Email Account
How to change your phone number in Gmail using your mobile device
How To Sign Into An Existing Xbox Live Account On Windows 10
If you’ve owned an Xbox, you likely have an Xbox Live profile. Before attempting to recover your Xbox Live profile, ensure your Microsoft account is linked to your copy of Windows 10. We recommend using the same account linked to your Xbox Live profile to keep everything under a single set of credentials. Once your set up, just follow the steps below to sign in with your existing profile.
After setting up the Xbox app with an Xbox Live account, you’ll now be ready for Windows 10 gaming. Going forward, Xbox Live-enabled games will automatically lift your account information from the Xbox app, making for a seamless sign-in process across all titles.
Don’t Miss: Sekiro Xbox One Controller Not Working
Unlink Epic Games Account From Xbox
I guess now youve already known that you cannot link your current ID to your Epic games Account because Your Xbox Live Account Has Already Been Associated with Another Epic Games Account You can Follow these steps to Unlink your Epic Games Account from Xbox easily.
- Turn On your Desktop computer
- Open the Epic Games Launcher
- Next, Go to the Epic Games Launcher section
- Youll be Logged in as Individual
- Unlink yourself from that interface
So now this will solve Your Xbox Live Account Has Already Been Associated with Another Epic Games Account error issue.
Following The Right Steps
If you need to change the email on your Xbox account, you can do so easily if you follow the right steps. Unless youve forgotten either the email or password, it should be a simple enough affair.
Do you have other tips on how to change the email on an Xbox Account? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
You May Like: How To Connect Xbox One To Hotel Wifi
How To Create Xbox Gamertag Or Profile On Xbox 360
A Gamer Profile is the first thing you need when you start using your Xbox either for the first time or want to add another player who wants to have his scores saved. Now if the person for whom you want to create a profile, already has a gamer profile or Gamertag which is connected online, I will suggest you read these tutorials :
- Recover his gamer tag on your console ; or
- Suggest him to get his profile on a USB drive and just connect to play along with you.
If neither is the case, then lets create a brand new Xbox Profile for him. Of course, you can always make it roaming and hand him his profile to a USB drive anytime.
- Turn your console on and make sure none of the profile is signed in.
- In case it is, you can either use Xbox Guide to Sign off using the X button or Use Switch accounts which shows when you select your profile.
- Done that, Now you will see a list of all the profiles available on your Xbox console.
- At the end of the list, you will get the option screen to create a new profile, of which next is Recover Gamer Tag.
- Select Create Profile > Enter a name > Select an Avatar.
- Once done you will get the option to customize your Avatar.
- Once done save and exit.
Creating A Microsoft Account On The Xbox One
If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you can create one from the Xbox One while setting up your user profile. You can also create an account online.
1. Select “Get a new email.” This option appears when creating a new user profile on the Xbox One.
2. Create an outlook email address. To do this, enter the text you want to use as your local part . Then select the “enter” key on the screen and press “A,” or just press the “Options” button on the controller.
3. Enter your first name and last name. On the first screen that says, “Create your account,” enter your first name and choose “enter.” On the following page, type your last name.
4. Pick a password. Xbox requires that your Microsoft account password have at least eight characters, at least one of which must be an uppercase letter, a number or a symbol. On the page after that, the Xbox will ask you to to enter your date of birth.
5. Add a backup phone or email address. Microsoft requires you to enter either a backup phone number or an email address where you can be reached if you ever get locked out of your Microsoft account.
6. Accept the services agreement, and privacy and cookies statement. You’ll have to click on the buttons labeled “Microsoft services agreement” and “Microsoft privacy and cookies statement” to actually read them. On this page, you’ll also need to make sure to check or uncheck the options to receive promotional emails and to let Microsoft analyze your account information.
Recommended Reading: Will Xbox 360 Play Blu Ray
What Is Gameshare On Xbox One
Before we cover Xbox One gamesharing, we should explain what gamesharing really is. Simply put, gamesharing allows you to access a friend’s Xbox One game library on your own system at any time.
Read more:;The Best Xbox One Exclusives to Play Today
Anyone signed into an Xbox One can access their entire library of digital games on that console. However, other accounts on the same system cannot play those games. That means if a friend comes over, you can play their games on your Xbox when signed into their account. But after they leave and sign out of their account, you can’t use those games.
However, the Xbox One has a setting called home Xbox. This allows you to designate a single Xbox One system as your primary console. Anyone signed into this home console can access all the digital games you own. By switching home Xbox systems with a friend, you each gain access to the other’s entire library. This allows you each to play games that the other owns while signed into your own account.
That’s what gamesharing on Xbox One actually is. Now let’s look at how to gameshare on an Xbox.
Changing The Email Address On Your Xbox Account
Changing the old email address on your X box Live account requires you to change the details on your Microsoft Account. The two services are connected, and Xbox doesnt have a dedicated website of its own.
To change your email proceed to your Microsoft Account page, and then follow these steps:
You May Like: Will Xbox 360 Play Blu Ray
How To Gameshare On An Xbox One
Gamesharing is one of the best features the gaming world has seen over the past decade. Implemented for Xbox One, the simple process allows you to give a person you trust access to your library of downloadable games.
Additionally, you can gain access to the games on your trusted friends Xbox account. The Xbox One, Xbox One S, and the Xbox One X make gamesharing easy, but it does come with a few restrictions that you should know beforehand.
In order to gameshare on Xbox, you and your friend will both need your own Xbox One systems and accounts. But once thats all put together, gamesharing is incredibly easy. Here are a few steps to follow to get the feature working properly.
Performance & Targeting Cookies
Performance cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so that we can measure and improve the performance of our site. The information these cookies collect is aggregated and, therefore, anonymous. If you do not permit these cookies, then we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Targeting cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. Targeting cookies do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and device. If do you not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising. See list of cookies
Read Also: Can I Connect My Xbox To My Laptop
How To Set Up An Xbox One Profile
Once you’ve got your Xbox One plugged in and running, the next step is to create a user profile. This will allow you to save your preferences, participate in Xbox Live, store saved game data to the cloud and more. Here’s how to set up your Xbox One profile.
1. Click the bar on the upper left of the home screen. If others have already made Xbox One profiles on the machine, then their profile pictures will appear on this bar, highlighted in white in the below picture.
2. Choose “Add new.” Clicking the aforementioned bar on the home screen will bring you to a screen that lists all the profiles already set up on the Xbox One. If you want to create a new profile, select “Add new” at the bottom left.
3. Sign in with your Microsoft account. If you have an Xbox Live membership, or an email address ending in “@outlook.com,” then you have a Microsoft account. Sign in with the email associated with that account.
If you don’t have a Microsoft account, see “Creating a Microsoft account on the Xbox One” at the bottom of this article, then return to step 4.
4. Choose a color. This will be the color scheme for the Xbox home screen.
5. View your completed profile. If you didn’t already have an Xbox Live account, the Xbox One automatically generates a username and gamerpic for your account. In the below picture, you can see we were given the name “ManilaThunder82” and the gamerpic of the wizard. If you’d like to choose your own username and picture, you can change them at the home screen .
How To Make An Xbox Account On An Xbox One Console
Xbox accounts are a necessity for playing video games on Xbox consoles such as the Xbox One. These free online accounts are used to track progress on Xbox titles played, connect with gamer friends, and back up all data to the cloud for use on other devices or when upgrading to a new Xbox console.
If youve just bought your very first Xbox console, you are automatically guided through the account creation process during setup.
One of the easiest ways to create an Xbox account is on the Xbox One console. You can do it in a few easy steps.
Press the Xbox logo button on your Xbox controller to open the Guide.
Scroll to the Sign in pane.
Highlight Add new and press A on your controller.
A keyboard will automatically appear on screen. Press B on your controller to remove it.
Highlight Get a new email and press A to begin the account creation process.
If you are creating an Xbox account for a child, enter their real age, not your own, so that you can manage their settings and content restrictions in the Xbox Family settings. You will be unable to change an adult account to a child account once it is created.
You dont need to create Xbox One accounts for each console. The one Xbox account can be used on multiple Xbox consoles and even in Xbox games on the Nintendo Switch and on the Xbox apps on Windows 10, iOS, and Android devices.
Don’t Miss: Xbox One Gta 5 Modders
How To Gameshare On Xbox One
If you and a friend both own an Xbox One, you can use each other’s digital games at the same time. This is the complete guide to game sharing on Xbox One x and Xbox One X, and how to share Xbox Live Gold.
Guideby Tom Orry, Audience Development Manager, Gamer Network
If you want to know how to game share on Xbox One, we’ve got all the details. Game sharing might be the console’s most amazing secret. While Microsoft gets a lot of criticism for how it’s handled the Xbox One generation, there is one thing it allows that could save you money and let you play more games: game sharing. If you have a friend you trust you can share your entire digital game library with that person , allowing both people to play each game concurrently. In this guide to Xbox One game sharing we’ll explain how you can and use a friend’s Xbox One games. Game sharing will even let you .
Importing Your Gamertag During Xbox One Initial Setup
During the set up of your Xbox One console, you will be prompted to sign into Xbox Live using your Microsoft account e-mail address. This can be any e-mail so long as it is attached to your Gamertag . We also recommend attaching your cell phone number to your Xbox Account for additional security. This will give you an another way to recover your account, in case of an emergency.;
After entering your e-mail address, enter the password for your Microsoft account.
It is advised to change your password every 3 months. After you’ve entered the e-mail address and password, your Xbox Live account, and all the games, friends, and Achievements that go along with it, will automatically link up to your Xbox One.
Also Check: How To Setup Xbox One S