What You Need To Know
- You can now easily stream live through Twitch on the Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox One.
- To access the feature, you need to navigate to “Live streaming” within the “Capture and Share” tab of the Xbox guide.
- You can use a headset and webcam during your stream and manually set your resolution and bitrate.
Microsoft just put live streaming at the fingertips of Xbox gamers. Starting today, it’s possible to live stream through Twitch from the Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox One. This functionality has been in testing since October 2021 and is now rolling out to general users. Before today, it was possible to stream to Twitch through the service’s Xbox app, but it wasn’t an elegant process compared to going live from the Xbox dashboard.
To set up a live stream, gamers need to navigate to the “Capture and Share” tab within the Xbox guide and select “Live streaming.” There, they’ll see a button to go live. When streaming to Twitch through Xbox consoles, you can use the best webcams for the Xbox or a headset. You can also customize the bitrate and resolution of your stream.
Before you can go live on Twitch from your Xbox console, you’ll need to scan a QR code from an iOS or Android device or us a URL.
You can customize the title of your Twitch stream through the options panel. If you swap to a different game in the middle of your stream, Twitch will automatically update your stream data. When you’re hopping between games, your stream will show a pause screen.
How To Stream On An Xbox One Using Twitch
Once you’ve downloaded the Twitch app, you can begin streaming.
1. Select the game you want to stream and press the “A” button on your controller to launch the game.
2. Once you want to begin streaming, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide. Then, select the Twitch app and press “A” again to launch it.
3. On the Twitch app, navigate to the “BROADCAST” tab and press “A” on your controller. From there, select the “Enter a title” field on the left side of the screen and press “A” again. Use the controller to type in a name for your broadcast.
4. Once you’re ready to start streaming, navigate to the “START STREAMING” button and press “A” on your controller. Then, reopen the game you were playing before, and you’ll begin streaming momentarily.
5. As you play, you can view some information about your stream on the bottom-right corner of your screen, including the amount of time you’ve been streaming and the number of viewers currently watching your stream.
There are many different ways to stream content. Now that you’ve mastered the basics, try exploring the different options that are out there to see which methods you like best.
How To Delete Xbox Messages Easily
To delete Xbox Live messages, you still need Xbox app, and especial when you want to delete tons of messages.
1. Still, download, install and open Xbox app on your windows, iPhone or Android.
2. Go to “Message” icon and find the conversation you want to delete.
There are 2 options for you: One is you can delete only one individual message, the other is you can delete the entire messages.
3. Delete Xbox messages easily.
To delete one message, find the message and right-click on the message, if you use phone, you need to tap and hold for a moment and then release, and then choose “Delete” to remove Xbox messages.
To delete the entire conversation, go back to Message menu and choose the conversation you want to delete, just right-click using the mouse or tap and hold for a moment and release, you can delete or block the whole conversation messages.
You May Like: Gta V Police Mod Xbox One
Streaming Xbox One Game With A Capture Card
Using a capture card will allow you to stream your XBox One games in the highest quality possible. You can even purchase high end capture cards like the Elgato 4K60 Pro to capture you XBox One games in 4k resolution. It is recommended to look for a capture card with a pass through so that you can send a video signal to the TV or Monitor you will be playing games on. If your capture card does not have a pass through, you will need to purchased a powered HDMI splitter. Connect the console to the splitter and send one output to your TV and one output to the capture card. In XSplit Broadcaster, click on add source > devices > video and select your capture card.
If you dont see video from your console, right click on the capture card in the source list, click on configure and select video input. Some capture cards require you to manually set the input resolution resolution and frame rate of the device they are capturing.
Similar to capturing the XBox App, you add a variety of production elements when using a capture card, such as adding overlays and a variety of scenes. If you have the bandwidth and a powerful PC you can stream or record high quality 1080p full hd 60fps XBox One gameplay for YouTube or Twitch.
How To Stream On Twitch: Picking Your Software
Thanks to its ability to enable streaming from a variety of platforms, streaming on Twitch isn’t as complicated as it may appear. But some of the most notable places to stream Twitch from are gaming PCs and reasonably powerful gaming laptops. And to do, so you’re going to need the right software to get your stream up and running.
The two major choices are XSplit, which is a Windows 10-centric tool, and Open Broadcaster Software , which is available on Mac, Linux and Windows. With an intuitive interface, XSplit is the easiest to use, though it does require you to pay for it. OBS is a great free alternative and is probably one of the most popular pieces of streaming software, but it will require you to roll your sleeves up and do a bit more initial setup.
There are also custom versions of OBS available, including Streamlabs OBS and StreamElements OBS.Live. These programs sync up with Streamlabs and StreamElements respectively to let you easily set up custom layouts, alerts and more.
Those new to the world of steaming can take a look at Twitch Studio, Twitch’s very own streaming app that’s designed with beginners in mind. This app is free and offers guided setup for the main devices in your streaming setup, such as webcam and game feed. It also offers customizable templates to get your streaming career started quickly.
You May Like: How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Xbox Series S
Can I Also Stream To My Phone Or Tablet Devices
You can stream Xbox One to your mobile devices. All you need to do is to install Xbox Remote Play on your phone or tablet. Alternatively, if you have a Windows 10 mobile device, you can just install the Xbox One Companion app. Both methods allow you to play games on your mobile device over the internet.
Similarly, you need to be connected to the same network, or else the apps wont work.
Xbox Series X Streaming Capabilities
The Xbox Series X will render games at 4k and support up to 60 FPS stream capture, a massive advancement from the Xbox One consoles. The Xbox Series X supports frame rates as high as 120 FPS, with the capture capped at 60. It is worth noting that Twitch is currently limited to 1080p at 60FPS.
As the Xbox Series X offers high-quality gaming and specs that rival and even surpass some gaming PCs at a substantially lower price point, the popularity of the console is all but guaranteed.
You May Like: Change Xbox Gamertag On Phone
Problem : Xbox 360 Console Is Connected To The Internet But Not To Xbox Live
With high internet traffic, you can often experience outages. This outage implies that in spite of being online your Xbox 360 console is not able to connect to Xbox Live. In most cases, these outages get resolved on its own but if the issue persists then disabling the firewall can help.
The firewall network connection issue can affect your Xbox 360 console and can block the wireless network from supporting the UDP and TCP ports that are used by the Xbox Live. These ports are mainly utilized when the console is joining from a public place.
If you disable the firewall feature from your Xbox 360 temporarily, it can help to with your query how to fix Xbox Live issues on Xbox 360.
These were the most common problems faced by several Xbox 360 console users. Hopefully, the solutions will help you to get rid of annoying connection error. Thus, you can play games on your Xbox without any further glitch.
How To Live Stream Microsoft Xbox To Other Devices
Before we cover how to live stream Xbox using StreamYard, note that you can also live stream Microsoft Xbox to other devices .
In this section, we will cover that, but first let’s take a look at how to turn on live game streaming on the Xbox console.
Turn on live game streaming on Xbox One console
Pro Tip: You can limit streaming to only a few people by selecting Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox.
Also Check: How To Add Pc Friends On Ps4 Fortnite
Its Easy To Get Started From The Xbox Guide
From your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console, navigate to the Capture and Share tab on the guide and select Live streaming. Youll need to link your Twitch account by scanning the QR code with an iOS or Android mobile device or navigating to the URL with either your PC or mobile device. Once your account is linked, select the Go live now button to instantly go live and start live streaming games that are downloaded to your console.
Free Play Days Events
Access full games across a variety of genres for free every month on select weekends. Availability period for each game may vary.
No active Free Play Day events at this time. Check back soon.
Promotional Offer Terms: *Sign in for your available offers. Promotional offers may be for new members only and/or not be valid for all members and are only available for a limited time. Offers not valid in Russia and Turkey other geographic restrictions may apply. Credit card required. After promotional period, subscription automatically continues at the then-current regular price , unless cancelled. Plus applicable taxes.
1. Active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership required to play free games youve redeemed. Restrictions Apply.
2. Savings based on retail value of game.
3. For active Gold or Ultimate members only. Restrictions Apply. Games sold separately. Requirements and available features vary across consoles download required.
Xbox Live Gold Subscription Terms:
Don’t Miss: Xfinity Wifi Xbox One
Broadcasting To Twitch On Xbox One And Xbox Series X
Soon, Xbox will make this process much easier for players by adding the live stream ability through Twitch on the menu screen. Currently, Xbox gamers need to use the Twitch app for streaming. Once the link of accounts is complete, the player will enter the Twitch app through the Xbox. One of the options on the top menu is Broadcast. Select that option and move on to the next steps. This next screen may look a little complicated, but it is quite straightforward.
The left-hand side of the screen allows the user to enter a title for the stream. This title can be important for Twitch users to find the stream through a search. The right-hand side starts with the Destination, which will just be Twitch under most circumstances. Next is the Camera Position. Some gamers prefer to have a webcam connected to the Xbox for viewers to see the player. However, make sure to follow DMCA compliance with this. If connected, the position of this video can be selected. The Broadcast Bar Position does not matter for viewers, but can matter to the streamer. Depending on the game, the position of this bar can be moved to stay out of the way of HUDs.
Finally, Bitrate and Stream Resolution can be changed from the automatic settings if the streamer feels this is necessary. Once Start Streaming is selected, the live stream will officially start and any of the players followers will be notified. A link that can be shared will appear at the bottom of the screen.
Live Stream Xbox One Console To Your Pc
Step 1: Turn on game streaming on the console
Follow the steps mentioned above to turn on game streaming on your console.
Step 2: Connect your PC to your console
Open the Xbox Console Companion app on your PC and click on the Connection icon on the left side toolbar.
Next, select your Xbox, and then click on Connect.
This will connect your Xbox app to your Xbox One.
Note: If your Xbox One is not listed under the Connection tab, you can enter your console’s IP address. To find it, press the Xbox button on the console and open the guide. Then, select Profiles & system > Settings > General > Network settings > Advanced settings.
Step 3: Start streaming
Open the Xbox Console Companion app and click on Connection.
Then, select Stream. It will show the Xbox One screen. You can now pick your game.
If you want to stop streaming, press Esc. Alternatively, move the mouse or tap the screen and click on Stop streaming.
Stream Using Your Xbox Or Playstation
While many streamers choose to start streaming with a laptop or computer, the good news is that for most gamers, you have everything you need to start streaming already in your living room. If youâve got a current-gen PlayStation or Xbox, you can be live on Twitch in just a few simple steps.
1. Create a Twitch account from a mobile device or computer. We recommend downloading Twitch on your iOS or Android phone to adjust your stream settings on the fly, which is easy to do with your Stream Manager in the app. Also, donât forget to turn on Two-Factor Authentication to keep your account safe.
2. Download the Twitch Xbox app from the Microsoft Store. Note: you donât need the PlayStation app in order to broadcast from your PlayStation.
3. Personalize your channel by adding elements that reflect your personal brand to set yourself apart. This will help viewers know who you are when they discover your page! You can modify your profile photo and bio on mobile, or customize a number of additional settings via a web browser. Weâve set up an entire Creator Camp page on Personal Branding to show you all of the places you can customize your channel page to reflect you and your brand.
5. The quality of your audio is critical in helping you connect with viewers. There are a few great, affordable headsets with built-in microphone settings, like the Turtle Beach Recon 200, which work for all consoles and PC, that ensure great audio for your stream.
Streaming from PlayStation
Change Settings And Start Streaming
From here, select broadcast gameplay and youll be given an option to stream via three different streaming services. Select Twitch, and the service will provide you with a streaming key. Then, go to twitch.tv/activate and enter the key. Your PS4 will be ready to start streaming in a few moments, but lets change a few more settings first.
From the broadcast gameplay menu, you can change the title of your stream, the quality, and whether you want to use your camera and/or microphone. Once youre satisfied with your settings, hit start broadcasting and show your skills to the world!
Recommended Reading: How To Sign Out Of Your Fortnite Account On Xbox
How To Use Xsplit
2. Select Broadcast, then Add Channel, then Twitch.
3. Select Authorize and enter your Twitch username and password.
4. Select Finish. XSplit will automatically set an optimal resolution.
5. Edit your stream properties and click OK.
Setting the Scene and Going Live
1. On the Screen Sources section on the bottom left of the XSplit interface, select Add.
2. Hover over Game Capture and select your game of choice.
3. Select Add again to bring in any additional sources, such as images or your webcam feed.
4. Drag and resize each source to your liking.For example, you may want to feature your Game Capture feed prominently, with a small box in the corner that shows your webcam feed.
5. Select Broadcast, then Twitch. You’re now live!
Streaming From An Xbox One
Streaming with Twitch on an Xbox One is just about as easy as it is on a PS4. There are a few technical issues that require you to have one additional piece of equipment.
If you want to have a facecam, legacy Xbox One owners can use the Xbox Kinect. . If you use Xbox Kinect to do this, make sure to pair it with a headset to record your voice. The Kinects microphone tends to cut out intermittently when streaming via Twitch. This can be easily remedied by having a headset plugged in. Then the stream will use that mic instead of the one on the Kinect. Unfortunately, the camera and its associated adapter have are no longer made. So if you do not have a Kinect, youll have to stick to voice only.
You May Like: Mods For Gta 5 Online Xbox One