How To Check Your Xbox Ones Power Supply
In case you have used the troubleshooter, and the issue isnt resolved, or for some reason, you cant access or use the troubleshooter, lets start with fixing the power outage issue using the following solutions.
1. The Xbox connects the gaming platform and outlet using a power cord. Ensure that the line is firmly connected to the Xbox One console and the AC outlet.
2. If the cords are firmly connected, try to attach them to a different electrical appliance to the socket. This will ensure that there is no problem with the power outlet.
3. Ensure that the power cable you are using with your gaming platform is the same one that came with the system and not a different one.
How To Fix Xbox Stick Drift By Taking Your Controller Apart
The more extreme way of fixing stick drift on your Xbox One or Series X controller is to take it apart.
However, we dont recommend this course of action, especially if your controller is still under warranty. Opening up your controller will void its warranty, and you could end up having no controller at all if you mess up.
If none of that deters you, then we recommend you watch and follow along with this video:
Again, this method is not advised. If youre really worried about stick drift on your controller, its probably worth taking it to a Microsoft-approved repair specialist. However, this will cost you if its out of warranty.
That being said, if your controller is out of warranty, this method could cure the issue youre having meaning you can go back to being in complete control while gaming.
Full Ways To Solve Your Xbox Won’t Turn On Problem
The Xbox One is reliable and will run smoothly most of the time. However, there could be situations where your Xbox won’t turn on. Luckily, we can help you get your Xbox up and running again, even when it refuses to turn on. In this post, we’ll talk about ways you can quickly and efficiently get your Xbox turned on again. So, keep reading to find out what you need to do when your Xbox one won’t turn on.
Also Check: Why Is My Xbox Not Signing Me In
Restart Your Xbox One Console
This classic trick also applies to Xbox One downloads, with a simple restart sometimes all that’s required to get your speeds back to normal. Triggering a full hard reset refresh your console, while also halting and restarting your current downloads. This won’t lose any data hold down the power button for 10 seconds, wait 30 seconds, and jump back online. While not a guaranteed solution, it sometimes helps avoid hours of needless troubleshooting.
Get Back To Gaming Fast
The Xbox One is a popular video game console, but like any technology, it occasionally has some problems. Sometimes, it refuses to turn on. Unlike the Xbox 360 and its Red Ring of Death, the Xbox One doesn’t have as many explicit external cues to problems. This means you need to take an approach that rules out problems from the most to the least likely, especially if the device refuses to turn on and offers an error code.
Read Also: When Did The Xbox 360 Come Out
Stuck On Splash Screen
When fully booting, the Xbox One can take a long time up to 10 minutes, in fact. Were referring to turning on your Xbox One from being completely powered off, not from rest mode. When booting, a green screen with the Xbox logo will hang for a few minutes before the UI comes up. If youve been waiting 10 minutes or longer, youll need to perform a hard reset.
Before getting to the hard reset, note that doing so will erase all accounts, save data, and any other data stored on the system. If youre an Xbox Live Gold member, your save data is probably in the cloud. If you havent had a chance to sync it yet, try powering down the console by holding the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds. Then, if you have access, sync or back up your save data before performing the reset. Otherwise:
Problem #: The Disc Drive Makes Strange Noises
Often users notice strange sounds coming from the consoles drive. Fortunately, the noise of the drive does not threaten disks those are usually always safe. However, it is always unpleasant when such a sound is also accompanied by a message that the disc cannot be read.
When it comes to mechanical malfunction, it is best not try to fix it yourself, and immediately contact Microsoft. We strongly advise to do so, otherwise you can only aggravate the situation.
Why Does My Xbox One Controller Drift
If your Xbox controller is broken and you’re experiencing joystick drift, there are a few possible causes. One is something as simple as low batteries. A more common cause is dust or debris inside your controller. Over time, that grime can build up and affect the electrical components.
Analog stick drift can also be caused by damage to your controller, either from someone dropping it or excessive wear and tear. The potentiometer, a part connected to the joystick that’s responsible for sending movement signals to your console, is an especially sensitive pieceâa broken or defective one is likely to result in this issue.
The Most Common Xbox One Problems And How To Fix Them
Even with the arrival of the Xbox Series X and Series S, the most common Xbox One problems live on. Microsofts contribution to the eighth console generation saw several revisions, each fixing previous problems and introducing problems of their own. In this guide, well guide you through issues you might encounter and how you can solve them across all of the console revisions.
Its possible that the issue youre having isnt on the back of your Xbox One, though. If you dont see your problem listed below, make sure to check our Xbox One X troubleshooting guide and our list of common Xbox Live problems.
Read Also: Connecting Airpods To Xbox
How To Fix An Xbox One That Won’t Turn On
Try some of the below solutions before contacting Microsoft for repairs or buying a new device.
Make sure the controller is working. If you tried turning on the console by pressing the Xbox button on the controller, press the power button on the console instead. If it turns on, replace the batteries in the controller. Then, turn off the console and turn it on with the controller again. If that fails, plug the controller directly into the console with a USB cord and try again. If none of these things work, you need to replace the controller.
Check the power supply. Make sure the cord is firmly seated in the console and securely plugged into the outlet. If not, seat it in both places and try again. If the console still doesn’t turn on, check the LED on the power brick. If it isn’t lit up, or if the light blinks orange, replace the power supply. You might need to have the console serviced if there’s a steady white or steady orange light.
Check the power strip. If you use a power strip, make sure it’s on and functioning properly. Some have fuses that blow in a power surge and protect electronics from damage. Check other items plugged into the strip to ensure these devices function properly and try a different outlet on the strip. If an outlet on the power strip is dead, you should replace it immediately.
How To Factory Reset Your Xbox One After A Black Screen Of Death
A recent update is bricking certain Xbox One consoles. Heres how to fix it.
Microsofts most recent Xbox One update has caused severe issues for select users. It has resulted in some people seeing a perpetual black screen of death. And no amount of restarting or cold booting resolving the issue.
I am one of these affected users my Xbox One abruptly bricked a couple of nights ago. Im frustrated and have plenty of questions about how this happened, but thankfully, my console isnt permanently broken and neither is yours.
- Check out the Xbox Series X games and PS5 games confirmed so far
- This is what we know about the Xbox Series X and PS5 so far
You May Like: Xbox One Better Connection
Have The Console Offline And Try Installing The Game
The second method requires you to take the console offline, cancel the download, power cycle the console and once the game is installed successfully, get online and download the update. All the steps are explained one by one.
Step 1: Take your console offline
Do the following:
It will terminate the wireless connection.
Step 2: Cancel the update download
The next step is to cancel the download because this is what caused the problem in the first place.
- Go back to the Home screen and select My Games and Apps.
- Go to the game you are trying to install and make sure its highlighted
- Next, press the Menu button on the controller
- And then click Cancel.
With that, the download is now canceled.
Step 3: Power cycle the console
- Before doing anything else, eject the disc from your Xbox
- Next, you need to turn off your console. Please do this by pressing the Xbox button on your controller for about ten seconds until the console has shut down.
- After that, turn your console back on .
When you do this, you should see the start-up animation as your console restarts. If you dont see that, go through these steps again .
Step 4: Install the game
Now, with the internet connection still off, follow the steps to install the game again. If you dont keep the internet connection off at this time, the update process may start again and interrupt your installation process.
Wait until the game is fully installed before proceeding to the next step.
Xbox One Powers Down Unexpectedly
A small number of users have reported that their Xbox One is turning off unexpectedly. This is a separate issue from the system not powering up.
This may be a malfunction, but there are other causes that anyone can fix. Before you rush off to contact Microsoft and tell them your console is broken, try these steps to see if the issue can be resolved on your end.
- Check the ventilation on the system. If it is overheating, you should get a warning message before the system shuts down. If you do, turn off the console and wait at least an hour. Make sure the Xbox One has enough ventilation and try again. If this persists, contact Microsoft.
- Check the light on the power brick. If you notice the light is flickering or black, then this is most likely a power issue.
- Check to see if your Xbox One is set to turn off automatically. Head to Settings, then select Power & Supply, then choose Turn Off After. Choose the Dont Turn Off Automatically option and you are set.
- Make sure the AC outlet your Xbox One is plugged into is functioning properly.
You May Like: How To Connect Expressvpn To Xbox
Reset Power Supply Unit
To fix the power outage issue, here are a few steps to hard reset the system that you can follow before sending it to the technician:
1. Remove or unplug all the cables from your console and outlet. The power brick connects two ways, so remove both ends, going to the device and going to the socket.
2. Wait for a minute or at least 30 seconds to allow for the power reset.
3. After a minute, plug the power cable back from the wall socket to the brick. Do not link the brick to the console.
4. Look for the LED lights on the brick. If the light is blinking, connect the power cable from the brick to the console. Do not press the power button.
5. If the light doesnt stop blinking, you will have to replace the power supply unit by ordering it from any local store or Microsoft official page.
6. After using the upgrade you will receive in a few days, connect the console and socket to the power brick using the above steps. If there is still blinking after connecting to the console, you will have to send it to a technician for repair however, if the blinking stops, turn on the Xbox button.
The outage issue would have been fixed. Check the console for any additional requirements.
Most of the time, if it isnt rebooting after an outage, the power brick is at fault and not the console.
Why Is My Xbox Screen Completely Black
The Black Screen of Death error is usually the result of a glitch in the console dashboard. This could happen if the system doesnt manage to load the dashboard correctly after starting up from rest mode.
Like any device during startup, the Xbox console operates a full system check on every hardware component in order to validate the software.
If the system fails to run the startup process, the PC will display a black screen instead of the well-known Xbox animation.
Faulty updates are also a potential culprit. Bugs can interfere with the way your console works and this can result in a BSoD error.
Quite a few users have taken to Twitter this issue stating that the newest update caused their screen to go black:
- Y to refresh your dashboard and the Game Store. This will restart the console.
- Open the guide, choose Home, and then navigate to another tab away from the main dashboard to prevent the bug from taking place.
- You can also set your console to offline mode by disconnecting from Xbox Live.
- Disconnect any external hard drive and plug it back in.
- Try switching off the Xbox, then hold down the eject and bind buttons and switch the xbox on while holding them down. Youll hear the chirps as the power comes on and the Xbox will give you the option to factory reset.
Read Also: How To Turn Off Xbox Parental Controls
Update The Firmware On Your Controller
Often at times, if you Xbox controller firmware is not updated, your Xbox headset will stop working properly.
In order to make your Xbox one headset compatible with the controller, the controllers firmware will have to be updated. Do note that you cannot really make full use of your headset unless and until the firmware is updated.
There are three ways to update the firmware. These include:
If Your Xbox One Controller Is Not Connecting
If you can’t get your Xbox One controller to connect to your console, you should check for a few common issues.
Do you have eight controllers already connected to your console? While you likely don’t use this many, the maximum amount of controllers an Xbox One supports is eight. After this point, you can’t connect any more controllers.
Hold the Xbox button on a controller and choose Turn controller off on the resulting menu to disconnect one or more of them. Then try connecting the new controller again.
Also, remember that you can only pair a controller with one Xbox One system at a time. If you go to a friend’s house and pair your controller with his Xbox, you’ll have to re-pair it with yours again. This also applies when you connect your Xbox One controller to a PC and then try to use it on your console again.
See the “If Your Xbox One Controller Is Blinking” section below for more on this.
You May Like: Xbox One S Ip Address
Problem #1: Something Wrong With The Installation Process
Sometimes, very rarely, it happens that something prevents the video game from being installed completely. If the installation process freezes at around 0% point or any other, try to wait. Seriously: sometimes we panic way too quickly, even when there is no error.
- Run out of patience? Then we suggest going offline in the settings. After that, forcibly turn off the console by holding the power button for ten seconds. Then turn on the console again.
- Check the router. Turn it off for 30 seconds and turn it on again.
- Check the status of Xbox Live servers.
- Attention: if the usual green animated logo does not appear, then you should repeat the process. The main thing is not to release the power button prematurely.
- After that the game can be installed. After, you can turn on the Internet.
Update And Restart Your Xbox One
Software errors can sometimes keep your discs from playing, so if you’re having issues, your console may need an update. It’s simple to do:
Check status and storage
If you have enough storage on your hard drive, check for any available software updates and download them onto your Xbox. The process is simple:
Restart the system
Once your Xbox is fully updated, try restarting it. Doing so can fix a variety of issues. Just press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds and press it again to turn your Xbox back on. When it starts, make sure you’re signed in to the correct Xbox profile.
Also Check: How To Change Gamertag On Xbox App 2020