How To Fix Pubg Game Chat Not Working On Xbox Series X Error
Are you looking for answers on how to fix the PUBG game voice chat not working on Xbox Series X error? Well! You are at the right place. We have a few working fixes for the PUBG voice chat not working issue on XSX. You can find them below.
How To Fix Overwatch Game Chat Xbox Easy Guide
Overwatch, like any other online game, relies heavily on team communication. When given the appropriate instructions, chatting with your teammates can significantly impact the outcome of a game.
If nothing else, its a great opportunity to meet new people and mingle. It doesnt matter your motive for using voice chat its a pain when you cant. So lets look at How to Fix Overwatch Game Chat Xbox in this article.
Apex Legends Voice Chat Not Working On Xbox Or Pc
Is the voice chat not working on your Apex Legends game? Apex Legends players have reported facing issues with in-game voice chat. This issue is mostly reported on Xbox consoles. However, it does happen on PC as well. The affected users cant listen to their teammates and also, and their voices are not being recorded.
Now, if you are one of the affected users experiencing the same issues, this guide is created for you. In this post, we will be mentioning various fixes to get the Apex Legends voice chat to work again. Some of these fixes are applicable for PC users, while others are applicable to Xbox console users. Before talking about fixes, let us try and understand the scenarios that might trigger the issue at hand.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Xbox Controller Not Turn Off
How To Fix Xbox Voice Chat Not Connecting
If you’re struggling to get voice chat working, the first thing to do is the classic, restart your console. If this doesn’t fix the problem, then here’s what to do next:
- Start by checking the Xbox Status page. Specifically, look under Friends and Social Activity to see if there are any issues with Party chat. If there are any problems, you can sign-up for notification, to let you know when the service has been fixed.
- Your next option is to check your network is working properly. You can check this by following these steps:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Profile & system > Settings > General.
- Select Network settings > Test network speed & statistics.
Having looked at the network side of things, let’s consider some of the settings that could be impacting this issue.
Change Audio Input/output In Game Bar
If in case, your Xbox Game Bar is selected a different audio device for the input/output, you wont be able to hear the Xbox Game Bar Party Chat. To change the audio input/output setup:
- Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing Win + G keys.
- Now, Join or Initiate a party chat > Click on Xbox Game Bar Settings .
- Click on Party Chat> Set the Audio Output to your actual audio device/headset which is connected.
- Repeat the same steps for Audio Input.
- Once done, close the settings window > Go to Widgets section.
- Choose Audio> Click on the Mix tab.
- Next, select the actual audio device or headset for output > Click on the Voice tab and select the input as well.
- As your headset is set to audio input and output device, Turn on Enable push to talk under the Party Chat option.
- Finally, try running the Party Chat to check if the problem is fixed or not.
Recommended Reading: How Old Is My Xbox Account
What Do I Do If Game Chat Is Not Working In Apex Legends On Xbox
1. Restart Xbox
In most cases, its a minor bug that causes the text chat to stop working in Apex Legends on Xbox series X. If thats indeed the case with you, restarting the Xbox console should help fix the problem.
This is probably the simplest and quickest of all the fixes, and you should try it first before moving on to the more complicated ones. After restarting the Xbox, check if the game chat now starts working.
2. Clear the MAC address
Issues with the MAC address have also been found to be a common reason behind game chat not working in Apex Legends on Xbox. The MAC is a unique number assigned to every device and can be found in the NIC .
Simply clearing the MAC address should do the job and help eliminate the problem. If this too doesnt work, head to the last method.
3. Update the Xbox controller
You’re Running Two Gateways
If you’ve got a router connected to a gateway that’s also a combined modem/router , you may run into connection issues since both devices run NAT. You need to only have one router/NAT that connects directly to your console and the gateway.
The way to fix this is to switch the router to Bridge mode. You can contact your ISP for help with this and make your router operate as a standard modem.
If this not an option, you have to consider which device to keep, since you can’t use them both, at the same time.
For other NAT-related connection issues, check:
You May Like: How Many Times Can You Get Communication Banned On Xbox
Solution : Change The Nat Type Of Your Network
You may encounter the error at hand if the NAT type of your network is not open. In this scenario, changing the NAT type to open may solve the problem.
netsh int teredo set state disablenetsh int teredo set state type=defaultnetsh int teredo set state enterpriseclientnetsh int teredo set state servername=teredo.remlab.net
Enable Windows Audio Services
Make sure to check whether the Windows Audio Services option is turned on or not. If not, itll prevent the sound from being listening. All you need to do is:
- Press Win + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Now, type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services.
- Look for Windows Audio Services from the list and right-click on it.
- Click on Restart> Close the services window and check whether you cant hear Party Chat in Xbox game Bar or not.
Also Check: How To Cancel Xbox Game Pass
Other Method: The Audio Driver Must Be Updated
Audio drivers may be the source of the problem. Is the audio driver youre using up to date? If so, that could be the problem.
As a result, a new audio driver must be installed. It is how you do it:
- To begin, youll need to set up a computer with a driver update utility. You should install bit Driver Updater.
- Scan for driver updates after you have installed the software.
- Upon completion of the scan, choose the audio driver and click on the update now option.
You can use any software you like to upgrade your audio driver I only suggested one.
Xbox Party Chat Not Working Causes
- Wrong Configurations: You may bring your chat back on by enabling certain settings on your Xbox console.
- Privacy Settings:Your Xbox may be limiting your sharing features. Alternatively, the NAT Type, which comes with the router, may limit your features. Youd need to change these options to fix Xbox Party Chat not working.
- Damaged Hardware: Lastly, your audio and chat hardware may be malfunctioning. The issues could range from loose connections to dust and worn cables.
- The Xbox Servers are Down: Its not very common, but it can happen. Seldom the Microsoft Xbox multiplayer servers are down for service.
Don’t Miss: How To Climb In Gang Beasts Xbox
Fix #: Verify Xbox Live Servers Are Working
If nothing has changed after youve refreshed the console, its time that you check if the reason for the problem is due to server issues. To do that, open a web browser on your computer or smartphone and visit the official Xbox Live Status page:
If theres an issue with some Xbox Live features or functionalities, especially regarding the chat feature, this page should tell you so.
By Checking All The Communication Related Settings
What if your Xbox communication settings are not correct? You might have accidentally blocked the voice hearing from other players due to the wrong settings on your Xbox.
So, just go to the Settings menu on your Xbox and head to the Accounts tab. Here you will see the Privacy and Online Safety option. Click on Xbox Live Privacy. Now click on the View details and Customize option.
Here you will find the Communication and Multiplayer settings. Check all the settings and make the necessary changes wherever you think the problem is arising.
Don’t Miss: How To Lower Ping In Fortnite Xbox
Adjust Parental Control Settings
If you have parental controls turned on in Fortnite, you may need to change your settings so voice chat will work.
In the parental control settings page, make sure Filter Mature Language is set to OFF and Voice Chat is set to ON.
If you are under the Age of 10 and you are located in the UK or EU. You will not be able to use the Voice chat feature, regardless of the parental controls settings.
For more information on Parental Control check out this page.
Xbox Party Chat Not Working: How To Fix Xbox Voice Chat Not Connecting
Hello? Is this thing on?
If you are wondering how to fix the Xbox party chat not working issue, you are in the right place.
The Xbox party chat feature is a very popular feature. It allows you to chat with your friends in the game. For some, this is the most useful feature of the Xbox platform. But as of late, its been hit or miss. Sometimes it works perfectly, but other times, it doesnt. This has been causing some frustration.
Before you frantically whack your console to try and fix it yourself, maybe try our troubleshooting tips. Here are our top suggestions, for fixing Xbox Voice Chat if it doesn’t seem to be working.
Don’t Miss: How To Sync Xbox One Remote
Turn On Xbox Game Bar
- Open the Start menu> Click on Settings.
- Go to Gaming> Under the Xbox Game Bar category, turn it on .
- Go to Captures and turn on the Background audio-video recording option according to your preference.
- Next, click on Game Mode> Turn it on.
- Finally, try running the party chat again to check if the problem fixed or not.
Update The Firmware Of Your Controller
The last thing that you can try is updating your firmwares controller. This is a rare factor that causes issues in-game chat on Xbox, but what if this is the reason bringing you trouble? So it is better that you check this out.
You have to visit your controllers interface and look for any available updates over there required for your controller. If there are any, update it.
Once you have updated your Xbox console, restart it and see if the game chat feature is working properly or not.
You May Like: How To Turn Up Headset Volume On Xbox One
Solution : Set The Headset As The Default Input/output Device
You may fail to hear the party chat if your audio output is not configured to your headset. In this context, switching the audio output to your headset may solve the problem.
How To Fix The Xbox One Mic Issues
If you are having trouble hearing the chat audio while using the Xbox One Chat Headset, or if your friends are unable to hear you, you can try these solutions.
- Unplug the headset cable from the bottom of the Xbox controller and reconnect it firmly.
- Go to your privacy settings and allow communication with everyone. You can do so by tapping the Xbox button. Now, go to System > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and make the changes.
- Unmute or unblock those you are looking to chat with. Tap the Xbox button. In the guide, click on Multiplayer > Party. Tap on Party to open up the party roster, and select the people you want to unmute, and select Unmute.
- If your chat audio is not clear or a bit choppy, this could also be related to your Xbox One controller update. To fix this, both you and the friend will need to ensure that your controllers are up to date.
- You also need to make sure that you’re not experiencing network latency or other network problems.
Don’t Miss: How To Log Out Of Fortnite Xbox
Get Chatting With Your Friends Again With These Troubleshooting Tips
- Western Sydney University
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
Voice chat is one of the Xbox One console’s most-used features, as it allows gamers to talk with friends and teammates using the Kinect built-in microphone or a microphone within a headset or pair of earphones. If your Xbox One mic is not working correctly, there are several fixes you can try.
Instructions in this article apply to all Xbox One models, including the Xbox One S and Xbox One X.
Set Your Privacy And Online Safety Settings For Cross
Make sure your privacy and online safety settings are set up for cross-platform play.
Don’t Miss: Where To Sell Xbox 360
Report The Problem To Apex Legends
At this point, the last thing you can do is relay the issue to Apexs support and let them take over the situation.
Visit Apex Legends Help Center and contact their team to ask for assistance regarding the issue with game chat on your Xbox. While waiting for a response, you can browse the other guides on their page and see if you can find other solutions.
This ends our guide for fixing game chat on Xbox if its not working in Apex Legends. If you have questions, please voice them out in the comment section, and well get back to you as soon as possible.
If this guide helped you, please share it.