Player Stats & Sprinting In Nba 2k20
Of course, its worth keeping in mind that just how fast your player runs around the court completely depends on their stats. Thats because the likes of Speed, Acceleration, Lateral Quickness, Height, and the Weight of each player determines just how fast theyll be able to sprint in NBA 2K20, just as it would in real life.
How Do You Play Nba 2k17 With Keyboard
If you are used to play on pc, here is the default keyboard controls:
How Do You Dunk On Nba2k10
Hold the R2 button while running toward the basket and when your player reaches the hoop, move the right joystick toward the rim. The player will perform a basic slam dunk. Moving the right joystick in other directions makes your player perform other dunks, including a power dunk, flashy dunk, reverse or 360.
You May Like: How To Set As Home Xbox
Ps4 Controls For Advanced Offense
- 2K smart calls and fast games: Press Left Dpad
- Publish: press L1 and select Publish.
- Quick Isolation: Press L1 and select Isolation.
- Pick Control Basic: Hold L1 for your teammate to set a pick
- Control side: hold L1 and press the left stick to choose the side of the selection
- Pick Control Roll or Fade: Hold L1 and use R1 to choose Roll or Fade.
- Slip Screen and Early Fade: Once a choice has been called, press L1 again anytime before the screen is hit to slide it fast or slow.
- Icon Selection Control: Press L1, then R1, then press and hold the teammates action button to allow them to adjust the screen.
- Baseline: hold L2 and use the right stick to move the inbounder
What Are Nba 2k Dunk Animations
This one may surprise many beginners and many may not even know that you can change your player animations.
In NBA 2K you can change your player animations for nearly everything you do in the game. From dribble moves down to size up packages and spin moves to your fadeaways and layups, you can customize everything you do in the game.
Don’t Miss: How To Play Bedwars In Minecraft Java Edition
Dunking Beyond The Basics
Realistically speaking, in MyCareer, seldom do players have open runs at the basket. In fact, most of the time, there will be defenders in the way trying to block your shots.
As a result, the basic dunks mentioned above are rarely enough to make you a dominant dunker in the game. In fact, being able to successfully make contact dunks separates great players from beginners.
There Are Plenty Of Different Types Of Dunks To Master
There are multiple ways to dunk in NBA 2k20. Some you can control which type of dunk you want to do, while others will give you a random dunk or possibly a lay-up. Just because this is a video game, it doesnt mean that everyone will be able to dunk equally. The types of dunks that you are capable of will ultimately depend on the stats of the player you are trying to dunk with, so keep that in mind when dunking in 2K20.
If you want to try a dunk want to leave up to the cpu as to whether you attempt a dunk or a lay-up and what type of shot you want to take you can simply use the shoot button when you are close to the hoop. Press the X button or Square button when moving towards the hoop to attempt a dunk.
If you want to try different types of dunks you will need to use different controls, using the sticks and triggers to do specific types of dunks.
Recommended Reading: How To Set As Home Xbox
Nba 2k: How To Dunk The Ball
The new game in the annual NBA 2K series is out now and youll be jumping into all the new features. However, theres still all the standard basketball stuff youll need to master. So that you can score in the best possible ways, heres everything you need to know about how to dunk the ball in NBA 2K20.
Dunks arent always necessary, but theyre a fun and impressive way to score a couple of points on the break away. You wont see any Space Jam style half-court dunks, but players with high enough stats will dunk the ball and you can be pretty sure that youll put points on the board.
Nba 2k20 Xbox One Controls
Every control option on the Xbox One version of NBA 2K20.
- Right Stick You can perform Pro Stick moves like Dribble Moves, Shooting and Passing
- LT Hit once for Post Up, hold for Protect and tap for Hard Stop.
- RT Sprint
- LB Tap for and hold to Pick Control
- RB Icon Pass
- A Tap to pass and hold to Skip Pass
- B Tap to Bounce Pass, double tap for Flashy Pass and hold for Pitch Pass. You can also use the same key for Handoff
- X Shoot
- Y Tap for Overhead Pass, double tap for Alley-oop and hold to Lead to Basket
- Dpad Up Displays Gameplay HUD
- Dpad Right Points of Emphasis
- Dpad Left Offensive Strategies
Read Also: How To Connect Xbox One To Hotel Wifi
How To Alley Oop With The Ball In Nba 2k20
When youve got the ball and double tap the button input noted above, youll set up another player on your team for a layup or a dunk. However, you will need to make sure your teammate is running towards the basket, otherwise they wont receive.
From our own experience, we like to do this when youve caught your opponent on the break and outnumber their defense in a 2-on-1 scenario.
Thats because their defender cant close you down and mark the player youre about to set up, so youre basically guaranteed a showy finish and points on the board.
How To Perform Flashy Dunks In 2k21
So you want to add some razzle-dazzle and showboat with a flashier dunk? Thats possible as well in the NBA 2K21 dunking. With players like Zion Williamson, Donovan Mitchell, Aaron Gordon, Zach LaVine, and others able to pull off innovative aerial assaults on the hoop, why not take advantage?
Zion with a flashy one hand jam #NBA2K21
To perform a flashy dunk in NBA 2K21:
- Press and hold R2 as youre moving towards the basket.
- Hold the Right Stick down as youre in close range.
- Release the Right Stick to complete the flashy dunk.
Keep in mind, some players will have a lot more to utilize when it comes to flashy dunks. Therefore dont expect a ton of flashy stuff from certain players as they simply may not have the arsenal others do.
Also of note, players who are unable to dunk will simply do a layup when you attempt to dunk with them.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Gta Mods On Xbox One
Why Is The Driving Dunk Rating Important
The most important factor in being able to dunk frequently and over other opponents is the players Driving Dunk rating.
Having all the right badges and animations doesnt matter if the players dunk rating is low. There isnt an exact number that you need to dunk on others but you shouldnt even think about it if the Driving Dunk rating is below 70.
If you are creating a MyPlayer and want to be able to dunk very well you should shoot for at least an 85 Driving Dunk and be able to get at least the Gold Posterizer badge.
Nba 2k20 Post Offense Controls
- Enter and Leave Post Hold left trigger to post up, release left trigger to leave the post.
- Post Pivot Press and hold left trigger to post up. Move the left analog stick in any direction and then quickly release.
- Drive to Key Hold left trigger to post up. Hold right trigger and push the left analog stick towards the key, then quickly release the left trigger.
- Spin or Drive Hold left trigger to post up, then rotate the right analog stick to either shoulder.
- Straight Stepback Hold left trigger to post up, then hold right trigger and move the right analog stick down and then quickly release.
- Post Hook Hold left trigger to post up, then move and hold the right analog stick up left or up right.
- Post Fade Hold left trigger to post up, then move and hold the right analog stick left or right, away from the hoop.
- Post Hop Hold left trigger to post up, then move and hold the left analog stick left, right, or down, and tap Square.
Thats all we have so far on NBA 2K20 Offense controls. For more on the game, why not check out our NBA 2K20 Best Players Guide.
Read Also: How To Find Someones Ip Adress On Xbox
How To Dunk In 2k20 Ps4
- Dunk in 2k20 PS4 is quite simple, once you are sprinting to the basket, and you have a clear path to complete a dunk, you just have to understand the following steps as per the move you wish to do:
- Two-Hand Dunk in 2k20: R2 + move and hold up the right thumbstick while driving.
- Flashy Dunk in 2k20: R2 + move and hold down the right thumbstick while driving.
- Dominant or Off-Hand Dunk in 2k20: R2 + move and hold the right thumbstick left or right .
Also Read |
How To Dunk The Ball In Nba 2k21
In order to score a dunk in NBA 2k21, the first thing you need to do is to move towards the basket. To do so, you will have to hold R2 if you are playing on PlayStation 4, RT on Xbox or ZR on Switch. After that, you will have to press shoot when you are close the hoop, which is tied to Square on PS4, X on Xbox One, and Y on Switch, and push the left stick towards the basket.
There are multiple types of Dunks that you can do in NBA 2k21. If you wish to try them, you will have to use different controls, sticks and triggers to do a specific type of dunks.
You May Like: How To Take A Screenshot Xbox One
Things To Consider When Making Dunking Builds
As a general rule of thumb, when building a player, it is crucial to remember that sufficient attribute points must be added to the following finishing categories:
- Driving dunk
- Standing dunk .
It is recommended that your player has at least a 70 driving dunk , or at least a 70 standing dunk , to be considered an above-average dunker.
When choosing a skill breakdown pie chart, it is recommended that you choose one with a sufficient blue segment.
Additionally, two other very important physical attributes to keep in mind are the acceleration and vertical potential of your player.
Acceleration is a key factor that allows smaller players to be able to gather momentum for a dunk. Without decent acceleration , it will be very difficult for players to build enough speed to attack the basket consistently.
Meanwhile, vertical is another important component for dunking especially for those that want to catch lobs or finish consistently in transition. Without a vertical of at least 65, it will be far trickier for your player to successfully execute high-flying dunks, alley-oop plays, or the fast break.
When choosing a physical profile pie chart, it is recommended that you choose one with sufficient agility and vertical .
Driving Dunk Vs Standing Dunk
Why are we focusing on the Driving Dunk rating instead of the Standing Dunk? It is because the Driving Dunk will be used much more frequently than the Standing Dunk rating. Most dunks in NBA 2K will be Driving Dunks when you are jumping towards the basket.
Standing Dunk rating only comes in when you are trying to dunk from right under the basket from a stand-still. Most standing dunks are made are after an offensive rebound by a Forward or Center. If you arent a big man with a good Offensive Rebound rating, Standing Dunk is nearly useless to you.
Read more about our favorite NBA 2K builds to make sure your next MyPlayer build can dunk on everyone online!
You May Like: How To Factory Reset Xbox One
Top 3 Finishing Badges For Dunking:
3. Lob City Finisher
To be able to alley-oop over and around other players, you need to equip Lob City Finisher.
If you are playing single-player or multiplayer with a squad that will feed you lobs, this badge is a must. Alley-oops are always difficult to pull off in traffic but this badge will significantly improve your chances of throwing down an alley-oop over an opponent.
2. Fancy Footwork
Fancy Footwork is a must for aspiring power dunkers to allow you to use an advanced dunk gather around an opponent.
With these new animations activated, you can slip around your opponent at the rim and get dunk animations where you would only be able to go for a contested layup before.
1. Contact Finisher
The most important Finishing badge in NBA 2K21 is Contact Finisher .
This is the badge that can quickly take you from running into contested layups to being able to convert on dunks and layups over your opponent.
For further reading on badges in general, 2K Labs does great research and studies on the performance of all badges in 2K.
How To Dunk On Nba 2k14
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 27,049 times.Learn more
Dunking in NBA 2K14 can give you an edge over your opponent during gameplay. In NBA 2K14, most players can dunk given their dunking and vertical ratings are relatively high. Dunking and vertical ratings will vary from player to player, depending on the players gaming performance to date.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Mods In Gta 5 Xbox One
Nba 2k20 Vc Gift Cards Pc/ps4/xbox One/nintendo Switch
5.0Based on the total ratings of 3 orders in the past
- positive Yo can I give u 10 to get a psn card cause I dont wanna send my account infoNBA 2K20 GIFT CARD Buyer:
- Its works, but take it too long tho.NBA 2K20 GIFT CARD Buyer:23/08/2020
- positive Never had a problem with anything Ive got from here good work!!NBA 2K20 GIFT CARD Buyer:06/08/2020
There are more ways than ever before to spend your VC. Upgrade your MyPLAYER, buy MyTEAM packs to build your perfect fantasy team, and so much more! Get a jump start on MyCAREER or add new players to your team in MyTEAM. Get the PC/PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch NBA 2K20 VC Gift Card from Z2U.com to upgrade your 2K experience. At Z2U.com, all of our offers are verified by our rigorous Risk Management team to ensure that you buy cheap NBA 2K20 Virtual Currency Gift Card Codes safely and securely.
Nba 2k20 Shooting Controls
- Jump Shot Move and hold the right analog stick then release, or hold Square then release.
- Bank Shot Move and hold the right analog stick up, and then release.
- Free Throw Move and hold the right analog stick then release, or hold Square then release.
- Normal Layup Move and hold the right analog stick up while driving.
- Runner/Floater Move and hold the right analog stick down while driving at close range.
- Reverse Layup Move and hold the right analog stick to the right while driving along the right baseline.
- Two-Hand Dunk Hold right trigger, and hold the right analog stick up while driving.
- Dominant Dunk Hold right trigger, and hold the right analog stick left or right while driving to determine the dunking hand.
- Flashy Dunk Hold right trigger, and hold the right analog stick down while driving.
- Pump Fake Tap Square, or quickly move and then release the right analog stick.
- Hop Gather Tap Square while dribbling with the left analog stick moving in either direction.
- Spin Shot Hold right trigger and double tap Square.
You May Like: How To Change Resolution On Xbox 360
Nba 2k20 Offense Controls Guide
All of the Offense Controls for NBA 2K20.
Guideby Jake Green, Guides Editor
NBA 2K20 can be a complex game to get the hang of. It has pretty complicated controls, though once you know how to shoot and dribble you can start trying out more advanced techniques. You wont get very far without knowing the offense controls in NBA 2K20 then, so weve put together this NBA 2K20 Offense Controls Guide. Well take a look at the shooting controls, dribbling and also passing, so that you can start to dominate the court in no time at all.
What Does Adding Contact Dunks Do For My Dunks
Like many things in 2K, not all animations are equal and some perform better in the game than others.
Contact dunk animations allow your character to dunk on and over other plays more frequently and will go for a layup less frequently. Adding a contact dunk animation package does not mean you will dunk on someone every time but will increase the odds that you will dunk over an opponent and combined with a high dunk rating and the right finishing badges you can start dunking over most opponents.