How To Create An Xbox Live Gamertag
This article was written by Darlene Antonelli, MA. Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. She earned an MA in Writing from Rowan University in 2012 and wrote her thesis on online communities and the personalities curated in such communities. This article has been viewed 184,575 times.
Since the introduction of Xbox All Access includes the chance to get an Xbox X or S, tons of new users have flocked to the Xbox community, and they all need Gamertags. When you sign up for an Xbox account, you can either create a Gamertag or have it automatically created for you. This wikiHow article will teach you how to create an Xbox account using the web or your console.
How To Make An Xbox One Your Home Xbox
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 38,530 times.Learn more
When you buy an Xbox One game, you get two licenses: your console license and your gamertag license. If you were to buy a game digitally after you bought your second Xbox One, your friends and family would not be able to play your games on their gamertag for the new console because your license is on the old Xbox One. You can make a new Xbox One your Home Xbox so that everyone can enjoy your games on your console. On the Xbox 360, this was called transferring your license. The major difference is the Xbox 360 made you wait 3 months between transfers on the Xbox One, you can do it every day if you need to, for any reason.
Xbox Series X And Series S: How To Create A New Gamertag And Profile
Get ready to game!
So, the power of the new Xbox Series X/S alongside the amazing deal that is Xbox Game Pass finally brought you over to the Microsoft family?
We welcome you with open arms, it is Christmas after all!
All thats left to do is create an account for you and each of your housemates and family members that want to try everything the green-machine has to offer.
Check out our guide on how to create an Xbox account and Gamertag below!
Once thats all done, use your new account wisely by playing these hit new games!
Recommended Reading: Does Xbox One S Play 4k Blu Ray
Create An Xbox Live Account On Web
As an alternative, you can also create an Xbox live account on web. The following is the step-by-step guide for you.
Step 1: Go to the official website of Xbox LIVE by clicking here.
Step 2: Click on CREATE AN ACCOUNT in the main interface to go on.
Step 3: In the elevated new window, enter your email address and click on Next.
-image from xbox.com
Step 4: After entering the email address, you will be asked to set a password for the new Xbox live account. You should set a password with high security level to protect the account.
Step 5: Then, you should enter your other information such as first and last name, birther date, etc. to complete the process.
Step 6: Finally, click I accept ends the operation. Now, the Xbox account is created and you can log in it to play games.
Setting Up Your Profile
Once you’ve set up your Microsoft account and become familiar with the toolbar, you might want to customize and add information to your personal profile.
As you learned in Lesson 1, your profile is a personal information page linked to your Microsoft account. Your profile can contain:
- Basic information, like your birth date and gender
- Additional contact information
- Personal information about your work, social life, and education
- Connections to social networking sites like Facebook
Filling in your profile is completely optional, and it’s advisable not to add too much detailed personal information. However, filling in a little information can be useful in some situations. It’s all about deciding how much you want to share.
To learn more about what personal information it’s safe to include in your profile, check out our lesson on Smart Social Networking and Communication Tips.
- To access and edit your profile, click the profile icon in the upper-right corner, then select Edit profile from the drop-down menu.Accessing the profile page
To add a profile picture:
Don’t Miss: How To Speed Up Xbox Downloads
Creating An Xbox Account On Xbox One Console
Creating an Xbox account on an Xbox one console offers the participant the advantages of enjoying a few of the free video games on the Xbox one console. Having online casinos account on the Xbox one console additionally helps the participant to know the trending video games that different gamers are enjoying on their Xbox console. By way of Xbox accounts, gamers may also again up their knowledge on the cloud and use the identical knowledge on different gadgets. Lets see the steps of how one can create an Xbox account on an Xbox one console.
Step 1- open the Xbox information by urgent the Xbox brand on the controller. The information provides you with all of the instructions and whats required to create an Xbox account on the Xbox one console.
Step2- go to the place its written SIGN IN and press A on your controller which is able to choose the ADD new choice. after that, a keyboard will seem on your display and youll have to take away it by urgent B on your controller.
Step 3- then youll have to choose the choice new e-mail by urgent A and the accounting course of will mechanically begin.
In conclusion, by utilizing the following tips and the Xbox information, it is going to be very straightforward for one to create an Xbox account utilizing the Xbox one console. Additionally, creating an australian casino account could be very straightforward and the net on line casino will even make it easier to to get welcome bonuses.
What Is Xbox Live Free Xbox Live Accounts
Xbox is a video game brand. Free Xbox Live Accounts makes it easy to distribute online and digital multiplayer games. It was developed by Microsoft. It was first put into service in November 2002. Later, this system was developed and continued to serve with Xbox and Xbox 360. They also have specific Trademark rights in their name. There is no such thing as you will definitely have a console to take advantage of this system. Xblox Live allows you to access Android, Ios, Windows 10, Nintendo Switch and play games. Thanks to Xbox Live, gamers can have many features such as:
You can download and play free demos of the games that are accessed early and watch the game demonstrations.
You can link Windows Live to your Messenger account. In this way, you can reply to your friends messages without delay even while playing games.
So You can access your games saved in the cloud.
So Special offers and discounts
You can communicate with up to 8 people with the Party System.
So You can buy Digital games from the Market.
Is Xbox Live free?
Xbox Live is a free use service. But if you want to take advantage of some features, you have to pay for it. There are 2 different membership types. These are Final membership and Gold Membership. Moreover, you can gift Xbox Live to a friend.
So In the final subscription, XBOX Live offers us the following features:
So Multiplayer access to console games.
Access to over 100 high quality console games.
So More than 100 high-quality video games.
Read Also: Can You Get Gta 5 Mods On Xbox One
How To Set Up An Xbox One Profile
Once youve got your Xbox One plugged in and running, the next step is to create a user profile. This will allow you to save your preferences, participate in Xbox Live, store saved game data to the cloud and more. Heres how to set up your Xbox One profile.
1. Click the bar on the upper left of the home screen. If others have already made Xbox One profiles on the machine, then their profile pictures will appear on this bar, highlighted in white in the below picture.
2. Choose Add new. Clicking the aforementioned bar on the home screen will bring you to a screen that lists all the profiles already set up on the Xbox One. If you want to create a new profile, select Add new at the bottom left.
3. Sign in with your Microsoft account. If you have an Xbox Live membership, or an email address ending in @outlook.com, then you have a Microsoft account. Sign in with the email associated with that account.
If you dont have a Microsoft account, see Creating a Microsoft account on the Xbox One at the bottom of this article, then return to step 4.
4. Choose a color. This will be the color scheme for the Xbox home screen.
5. View your completed profile. If you didnt already have an Xbox Live account, the Xbox One automatically generates a username and gamerpic for your account. In the below picture, you can see we were given the name ManilaThunder82 and the gamerpic of the wizard. If youd like to choose your own username and picture, you can change them at the home screen .
How To Add Accounts On Xbox Series X / S And Xbox One From Existing Gamertags To Guest Accounts
When you initially set up your Xbox console, you need to sign into a Microsoft account. This will act as the primary user for the console, and if that is the only account you need, then youre all set.
Of course, you might want to add additional accounts which belong to others, which is useful if they have games of their own they wish to bring forward to the console, or simply want to continue their progress on the console, earn Achievements and so on.
To add users, press the Guide button on your controller. This will overlay a menu on the left side of the screen.
Now go all the way to the right, to Profile and System.
Now select the Add or Switch option. This gives you a list of the currently available accounts on the system. If you have added users previously, this is where they appear.
Otherwise, you have two options at the bottom Add guest, and Add new.
Add guest adds a temporary account for the current play session, and is useful if you have a friend round who just wants to join you for, say, local co-op and arent fussed about saving progress or Achievements. This will instantly create a guest account with a name the same as the currently signed in Gamertag and a number.
Meanwhile, Add New will allow you to log into an additional Microsoft account, pulling all their Xbox details.
This has the same level of security as logging into any other device so if it requires second factor authentication to log in, be sure to have that at hand.
Also Check: Gta 5 Usb Mod
Creating A Microsoft Account On The Xbox One
If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you can create one from the Xbox One while setting up your user profile. You can also create an account online.
1. Select “Get a new email.” This option appears when creating a new user profile on the Xbox One.
2. Create an outlook email address. To do this, enter the text you want to use as your local part . Then select the “enter” key on the screen and press “A,” or just press the “Options” button on the controller.
3. Enter your first name and last name. On the first screen that says, “Create your account,” enter your first name and choose “enter.” On the following page, type your last name.
4. Pick a password. Xbox requires that your Microsoft account password have at least eight characters, at least one of which must be an uppercase letter, a number or a symbol. On the page after that, the Xbox will ask you to to enter your date of birth.
5. Add a backup phone or email address. Microsoft requires you to enter either a backup phone number or an email address where you can be reached if you ever get locked out of your Microsoft account.
6. Accept the services agreement, and privacy and cookies statement. You’ll have to click on the buttons labeled “Microsoft services agreement” and “Microsoft privacy and cookies statement” to actually read them. On this page, you’ll also need to make sure to check or uncheck the options to receive promotional emails and to let Microsoft analyze your account information.
Main Differences Between Microsoft Account And Xbox Account
Create Or Join A Realm
An Xbox profile makes it possible to access Minecraft Realms, a subscription-based service that lets you play online with your friends whenever you want, on your own private server. Use an Xbox profile to invite up to 10 friends to create, survive, or compete in your private world. They can continue the adventure even when youre offline.
How Do You Sign Into A Xbox Live Account
How to Sign In to Your Xbox Live Account Type www.xbox.com/en-US/live on any web browser and hit the Enter button Click Sign in at the top-right corner of the homepage. Enter your Microsoft email address, phone number or Skype ID and click the Next button Fill in your Microsoft password and click the Sign in button.
Recommended Reading: How To Change Your Xbox Profile Picture On Phone
Using The Xbox Live Website
Tip: Check your emails Spam folder if you dont see the email from Microsoft within a few minutes of clicking Next.
You May Like: Xbox Com Xboxone Highpacketloss
How To Create Xbox Gamertag Or Profile On Xbox 360
A Gamer Profile is the first thing you need when you start using your Xbox either for the first time or want to add another player who wants to have his scores saved. Now if the person for whom you want to create a profile, already has a gamer profile or Gamertag which is connected online, I will suggest you read these tutorials :
- Recover his gamer tag on your console or
- Suggest him to get his profile on a USB drive and just connect to play along with you.
If neither is the case, then lets create a brand new Xbox Profile for him. Of course, you can always make it roaming and hand him his profile to a USB drive anytime.
- Turn your console on and make sure none of the profile is signed in.
- In case it is, you can either use Xbox Guide to Sign off using the X button or Use Switch accounts which shows when you select your profile.
- Done that, Now you will see a list of all the profiles available on your Xbox console.
- At the end of the list, you will get the option screen to create a new profile, of which next is Recover Gamer Tag.
- Select Create Profile > Enter a name > Select an Avatar.
- Once done you will get the option to customize your Avatar.
- Once done save and exit.
Don’t Miss: Days Gone Xbox