Turn On The Controller
The most simple step of the bunch is to simply turn the controller on. Making sure its properly and fully charged is a must by plugging in the charge cable to either the Xbox console or a charger of any compatible kind. Once charged, press the big Xbox button on the front to turn the controller on, and it will flash a light to notify you that its active.
How To Connect An Xbox Wireless Controller To A Pc
Pranay Parab has been a technology journalist for over 10 years, during which time he’s written well over 500 tutorials, and covered everything from social media apps to enterprise software. Beyond How-To Geek, he’s also written for Lifehacker and spearheaded the tutorials section at Gadgets 360, India’s most popular technology blog. Read more…
The Xbox Wireless Controller, which ships with Xbox Series X|S consoles, can also be used with Windows 10 PCs for gaming. Heres how to connect the Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC.
Major Cities And Urban Areas
The four largest are , , and . All have over 10 million residents, and as such have been described as . While Istanbul has the highest total city population, it lies partly in Asia, making Moscow the .The next largest cities in order of population are , , and , each having over 3 million residents.
When considering the commuter belts or , within the EU Moscow covers the largest population, followed in order by Istanbul, London, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Ruhr Area, Saint Petersburg, Rhein-Süd, Barcelona and Berlin.
Recommended Reading: Make Home Xbox
How To Connect An Xbox One Controller To Your Windows 10 Pc
– As gaming technology develops and gaming platforms expand to the point of being available on all manner of devices with services like Xbox Game Pass and Stadia , it’s important that you have a method to play those games that you’re comfortable with. For Xbox gamers, that’s the Xbox Wireless Controller.
If you prefer playing with a controller over a keyboard and mouse, either because you find it easier, or because your laptop’s keyboard doesn’t have enough key travel or feedback, you’ll want to continue using your Xbox controller on your PC too.
It’s worth noting your process depends on whether you have Bluetooth on your desktop or laptop Windows 10 machine, and whether or not you have the newer wireless controllers or the older model.
That’s an important distinction because the older wireless controller – with shiny plastic around the ‘X’ home button – doesn’t have Bluetooth, and can only pair to a dedicated receiver.
Fear not if you have this controller – or a laptop without Bluetooth – we’ll show you how to use your controller this way too. If you want to connect your Xbox controller to your smartphone, we show you how to do that in a separate guide.
Solution : Update Bluetooth Dongle/wireless Adapter Drivers
The problem may also arise if your device i.e your computer/laptop is not equipped with the latest drivers for Bluetooth connectivity. In this solution, we are going to update device drivers manually. Follow these steps to update them properly:
If you are using a Standard Dongle then you are most likely to encounter this issue as well we have seen this resolve by using the official XBOX Wireless Adapter.
How To Connect Xbox Controller To Pc: Connect Via Xbox Wireless Adapter
While you will need to purchase an Xbox Wireless adapter separately, connecting your Xbox wireless controller to your PC is extremely simple using this accessory. Its the easiest way to set up your pad on a PC with a wireless connection. 1. Plug the Xbox Wireless adapter into a USB port. The adapter comes with a standard USB-A connector, so youll need a laptop that has one of these ports.2. Turn on your Xbox controller by holding the Xbox button. Once your controller is switched on, hold the sync button. This is located on top of the controller until the Xbox logo begins flashing.
3. Hold the sync button on the Xbox Wireless adapter for a few seconds. This button is located on either the side of the adapter or the base depending on which model you have. When the Xbox logo on your controller stops flashing and is lit up solid, then your controller is connected.
How To Connect Other Game Controllers To Pc
Once you’re ready to start playing, check out our favorite PC games. And if you’re a PlayStation gamer, read up on how to use a PS4 DualShock 4 controller on a PC. We walk you through the surprisingly complicated process.
Like What You’re Reading?
Sign up for Tips & Tricks newsletter for expert advice to get the most out of your technology.
Recommended Reading: How To Join A Minecraft Server On Xbox 360
How To Sync An Xbox One Controller To A Pc
The Xbox One controller is also a great way to play games on a PC. If you want to connect an Xbox One controller to your computer, the process will depend on how old the controller is.
Older Xbox One controllers require a special USB dongle. You can buy the dongle separately, and it also comes packaged with some Xbox One controllers.
To connect one of these controllers:
Newer Xbox One controllers can connect to a PC using the dongle or Bluetooth. To connect an Xbox One controller to your PC using Bluetooth:
Why Is My Xbox Controller Connected But Not Working
There is a low battery level on the controller, or it is in Sleep Mode. If the controller does not turn on, try pressing and holding the Xbox button. It is possible that a drained battery is the cause of the problem if that doesnt work. Changing the controllers batteries or connecting its charging cable may be the solution.
Also Check: Save The World Price Xbox
Solution : Remove Interfering Devices
If your controller is connected to the PC via Xbox wireless adapter, you should pay attention to this solution. Check whether there are any other wireless devices or some mental device between the adapter and controller, which may interfere the connection of your controller. Remove these devices away if there are.
Then see if the connection problem persists.
Basic Checks When Your Xbox One Controller Gets Out Of Sync
When your Xbox One controller regularly and randomly desynchronizes, start with carry out some basic checks regarding its use :
1 / Make sure nothing interferes with the Bluetooth signal between your Xbox One controller and your console.
- Remove any objects that are likely to interfere with the wireless signal of your Xbox One controller. That is to say the objects which are between the joystick and the console and the electronic objects which emit waves . Also, try turning off any wireless devices that are near the console. Then try to sync the controller again.
- Maintain a distance between your Xbox controller and your console of no more than 9 feet. This range may be reduced if wireless objects or electronic devices are causing interference, or if the front of your Xbox is not pointed toward you.
Note: If your Xbox One controller gets out of sync when another device you've previously connected is in the same room, disconnect your controller from that device.
If there is no interference that is interfering with the clear signal of your Xbox One controller, proceed to the following checks.
2 / Xbox One wireless controllers cannot sync to more than one device at a time. If you have paired it with another device , you must desynchronize it from that device and then reconnect it to your console by pressing the Pair button.
Also Check: Xbox One Game Won’t Eject
How To Use An Xbox One Controller On Pc
ByWes Fenlonpublished 6 November 20
Pro tips for getting the most out of Microsoft’s latest controller via USB, wireless adapter, or Bluetooth.
If you want to use a controller on PC, you just can’t beat the convenience of the Xbox gamepad. If you want a dead simple plug-and-play experience, the Xbox controller is the obvious choice, and it’s definitely among the best PC controllers, anywayMicrosoft revised its controller after the launch of the Xbox One, making its bumpers feel better and adding Bluetooth connectivity.
Thanks to the built-in Windows driver, you won’t need any special software for your PC to immediately recognize your pad. So what’s the point of a guide at all?
Well, there are a couple ways to hook up the Xbox One controller wirelessly, and a few things you should know about the different iterations of the controller and what how exactly they’ll work with your PC.
Can I Use Xbox Series X
You might have noticed that the controller for the Xbox Series X|S is near-identical to the Xbox One controller. As it turns out, Microsoft has baked forward and backward compatibility into these controllers.
This means that you can use Xbox One controllers on your Xbox Series X or Series S. In addition, you can use Xbox Series X|S controllers on your Xbox One system. This is a handy way to enjoy multiplayer titles on either console, even if you’re a few controllers short.
Since the controllers are near-identical, you aren’t missing out on anything major by using the older Xbox One controller with an Xbox Series X|S. The Xbox One controller lacks the dedicated button on the new controller, but that’s not essential for gameplay. The only other improvements are better grip textures and an improved D-pad.
See our guide to using Xbox One controllers on the Xbox Series X|S for more info.
Also Check: Gta Online Xbox One Mods
What Causes Wireless Xbox One Controller Requires Pin
We have listed down some of the causes of this problem after reviewing the users feedback and technical authorities in detail. This problem may arise due to any of the following reasons:
- Outdated Device Drivers: It is the most common reason behind the pairing issues of Xbox One Controller with your computer/laptop. Unlike conventional controllers, Xbox Console needs to be updated manually. So when the device drivers are outdated they hinder the proper pairing of the device resulting in asking for a PIN. As they are a mismatch with Windows 10.
- Different Bluetooth Dongle: To connect Xbox Wireless Controller to your Windows 10 PC, you need to have an Xbox Wireless Adapter specifically for Windows. Many Laptops have this inbuilt. But if you have been trying to connect it to your normal Bluetooth adapter it would not connect and show an error.
- Outdated Bluetooth Drivers: If it is asking for a pin, then your Bluetooth drivers may be outdated. It will prompt for a pin if the Bluetooth hardware version of the machine isnt new enough or there is a hardware failure as Bluetooth less than v3.0 isnt compatible for the Xbox Controller to connect to a PC.
- Outdated Windows Version: Windows 10 is used by billions of people worldwide and is the latest operating system out there but just like with many other operating systems, sometimes there are problems with an older version of them. As older Windows 10 versions may have issues connecting the Xbox One Controller properly.
How To Connect Xbox Controller To Pc: Connect Via Bluetooth
Before attempting to connect your Xbox wireless controller via Bluetooth, its important to check your controller actually supports the feature.
If youre using an Xbox Series X controller, then youre good to go. If youre using an older Xbox One controller, things are a little trickier.
The refreshed controller that launched with the Xbox Series S does offer Bluetooth, while the original Xbox One controller doesnt. If youre unsure which you have, the easiest way to tell the two apart is by the plastic moulding at the top or by the fact that the newer controllers have a 3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom.
If youre missing that port, then unfortunately you have an Xbox One pad that doesnt include Bluetooth.
1. Open the Bluetooth & other devices menu on your PC. Just type Bluetooth into the Windows search bar located in the left-hand corner of your screen and youll get the option to go to the Bluetooth & other devices menu. Ensure that Bluetooth is turned on here.2.Turn on your Xbox controller by pressing the Xbox button. Once your controller is switched on, hold the sync button on top of the controller until the Xbox logo begins to flash rapidly.
3. In the Bluetooth settings menu click Add Bluetooth or other device and then select Bluetooth from the popup menu. After a few seconds of searching your Xbox controller should appear on the device list. to pair it with your PC.
Read Also: How To Unblock On Xbox One
How To Connect An Xbox Controller To A Phone
1. Hold down the Xbox button until the white light slowly flashes. If the controller turns on and holds a white light without flashing, then you’ll need to unpair it from your console before continuing.
2. Press the Connect button on the top of the gamepad to put the controller into pairing mode – the Xbox button will flash faster.
3. If you’re using an iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth. After a little time, an Xbox Wireless Controller option will appear on your list of Other Devices – tap it to connect and pair.
If you’re pairing an Xbox Controller to an Android phone, swipe down on the screen to pull up your notifications and settings. Ensure your Bluetooth is switched on by holding the Bluetooth symbol on the settings menu. Select the manual ‘Scan’ option at the top of the screen and and tap ‘Pair new device’ on your Android phone. Once your Xbox controller pops up in the list of devices, tap the icon that appears to pair.
Try These Fixes Before You Throw That Controller Out
- Shoreline Community College
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
Wireless Xbox One controllers are great, but experiencing a disconnect in the middle of a game sucks all the fun right out of the room. The good news is that most of the problems that can cause an Xbox One controller to not connect, or cause a connection to fail, are pretty easy to fix. And even in a worst-case scenario, you can always turn your wireless controller into a wired controller with a micro USB cable.
When an Xbox One controller won’t connect, it usually manifests in one of the following ways:
- Ring light flashes on the controller and never goes steady.
- You are unable to control games or menus with the controller.
- The please reconnect the controller message appears on your television.
These problems may occur when you first turn on your controller, or while you’re playing.
Recommended Reading: Mod Menu For Gta 5 Online Xbox 360
Solution : Update Your Controllers Firmware
In this solution, we are going to update the Xbox One Controller firmware as the outdated version can be causing the error. There are three ways to do this properly. Follow the respective steps to update in your preferred way: Update through Micro USB Cable:
Can’t Connect Your Xbox One Controller
The above steps should sync your Xbox controller and console in most cases. But if pairing doesn’t work, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Try replacing the batteries in the controller. If you use the Xbox One Play and Charge Kit or Xbox Rechargeable Battery attachment, make sure your controller is charged. Confirm that the cable you’re using to connect and charge the controller works properly.
- Keep the controller close to the console when you sync it. The wireless connection between your console and controller has a range of about 20-30 feet, so it may disconnect if you go further.
- Turn off any other wireless devices that are close to the Xbox and controller to reduce interference.
- Fully restart your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the system for about 10 seconds. Disconnect the console’s power cable for at least 30 seconds, then reconnect it and turn on your system again.
- Remember that you can only have eight controllers connected to the system at once. If you somehow have this many connected, disconnect a few before connecting another.
- The Xbox Series X|S controller has a handy feature that lets you switch between using your controller with your Xbox and a connected Bluetooth device. Quickly press the Pair button on your controller twice to switch from a Bluetooth connection back to your Xbox. Hold Pair to put your controller back in pairing mode so you can reconnect it to the Bluetooth device.
Don’t Miss: Gta V Police Mod Xbox One