How To Play Minecraft Java With Xbox Controller On Windows 10
One of the biggest differences between the Minecraft Java version and the Minecraft Bedrock/UWP version is controller support. The Minecraft Java version does not support controllers, while the UWP version has support out of the box with options to customize the controls.
Minecraft, when played on a PC, may work best if you play it with a keyboard and mouse, but everyone has their own preference when it comes to controlling a game.
Wired Or Wireless Here’s How To Get Gaming
If you’re trying to game on PC and prefer a controller over mouse and keyboard, you have the option to use an Xbox One controller. And, since Windows 10 natively supports the Xbox One controller, setup is incredibly easy.
However, the way you connect your controller to your PC may vary a little bit depending on which type of Xbox One controller you have and what method you want to connect.
We’ll provide instructions for connecting using USB, Bluetooth and Microsoft’s wireless dongle. When it comes to Bluetooth, we’ll also help you figure out whether your controller supports it, as many Xbox One controllers don’t.
Try These Fixes Before You Throw That Controller Out
Wireless Xbox One controllers are great, but experiencing a disconnect in the middle of a game sucks all the fun right out of the room. The good news is that most of the problems that can cause an Xbox One controller to not connect, or cause a connection to fail, are pretty easy to fix. And even in a worst-case scenario, you can always turn your wireless controller into a wired controller with a micro USB cable.
When an Xbox One controller won’t connect, it usually manifests in one of the following ways:
- Ring light flashes on the controller and never goes steady.
- You are unable to control games or menus with the controller.
- The please reconnect the controller message appears on your television.
These problems may occur when you first turn on your controller, or while you’re playing.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Xbox To Hotspot
Connect Xbox Controller To Windows 10 Pc Using Bluetooth
If you do not want to buy Microsoft Wireless Adapter then you can use regular Bluetooth and connect the Xbox controller on Windows 10. This method mostly works on Windows 10, for Windows 8 and Windows 7 there is are not proper updates. But still, you can try this same method on those operating systems also.
Important: PC or Laptop with Bluetooth running on Windows 10 requires Windows 10 Anniversary Update. If you are not having this update pairing the Xbox controller with in-built Bluetooth may not work.
Follow the steps below to connect the Xbox controller to PC using Bluetooth:
- Press and hold the bind button on the front of the Xbox controller for a few seconds. The LED on the controller will start blinking which means it is in pairing mode.
- On your Windows 10 PC, click on Start and then go to Settings.
- Next, Turn on Bluetooth and then click on Add Bluetooth or other devices> Bluetooth.
- Select the Xbox Wireless Controller and then click on Done.
This is how you can connect the Xbox controller using only in-built Bluetooth of a laptop or a PC on Windows 10.
How To Connect Xbox One S Controllers To Pc Via Bluetooth
While the original Xbox One controller did not support Bluetooth, some versions of the Xbox One controller do. You can see instructions on how to identify a Bluetooth-capable controller here. To connect, youll also need to have your PC running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later
When youre ready, follow these steps :
- Step one: power on the Xbox One controller by holding the Xbox logo.
- Step two: Turn on Bluetooth on your PC, either by toggling it from the Action Center or by switching it on in the Bluetooth settings menu that can be found in step three.
- Step three: With Bluetooth on, prepare for pairing by going to the Bluetooth & other devices menu. You can get there by going to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth, or typing Bluetooth into the Windows 10 search bar.
- Step four: Press and hold the Connect button on your Xbox controller for three seconds. You can find it on the front of the controller near the USB port next to a symbol that looks like this: “(((“
- Step five: Your PC may automatically discover the Xbox Wireless controller and prompt you to pair the devices. If this happens, select Pair from the prompt in the Bluetooth settings menu. If not, continue below.
- Step six: In the Bluetooth & other devices menu, press the + sign to Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Step seven: In the new Add a device window, select Bluetooth . This will begin a search for available devices.
- Step eight: Select your Xbox control from the list of available devices.
You May Like: Is Genshin Impact On Xbox
How Do I Connect My Xbox One Controller To My Pc Wireless Adapter
Way 2: Using a wireless adapter to connect your Xbox One controller to PC
Using The Xbox Accessories App
So youve connected your controller, and youre ready to get gaming. But before you start, you may want to customize your controller through the Xbox Accessories app. You can find this app through the Microsoft Store. It lets you remap buttons, switch out thumbsticks, and so much more. Those who own the heavy-duty Xbox Elite Series 2 controller can also manage all their profiles within the app. Probably the most important part is the ability to update the firmware on your controller. Firmware updates result in a variety of improvements and support for other peripherals. If you notice an update is available, make sure you connect your Xbox One controller with a USB cable. Although our team has never run into any issues, some user reports recommend bricking your controller when updating wirelessly.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Xbox To Hotspot
How To Connect Xbox One Controller To Windows 10
Connect your Xbox One Wireless Controller to your PC using Bluetooth
- Make sure you have updated your PC to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- For best performance, update your controller.
- Turn on your Xbox Wireless Controller by pressing the Xbox button.
- Press the controller Connect button for three seconds and release.
How To Reconnect Your Xbox Controller To Your Console
When using your Xbox controller wirelessly, you can turn the controller off by holding the Xbox button on it for around five seconds. When the light goes out, the controller is off.
Keep in mind that if your Xbox controller is already paired to your console, pressing the Xbox button will turn the system on. You should still be able to pair it wirelessly using either of the methods above, but you’ll probably want to turn your console off after you do so .
After you connect your Xbox controller to a PC using any method above, you’ll need to re-pair the controller with your Xbox next time you want to use it there. To do this with the wired method, connect the controller to your Xbox using a USB cable, then press the Xbox button to pair.
To pair the controller wirelessly, press the pairing button on the system. It’s to the left of the disc tray on the original Xbox One, and at the bottom-right of the front panel under the power button on the Xbox One S and Xbox One X. On Xbox Series S|X, it’s next to the USB port at the front of the system.
After hitting this button, turn on your controller by hitting the Xbox button, then hold the Pair button on the top to pair it.
Also Check: Lspdfr Controls Xbox Controller
How To Connect Other Game Controllers To Pc
Once you’re ready to start playing, check out our favorite PC games. And if you’re a PlayStation gamer, read up on how to use a PS4 DualShock 4 controller on a PC. We walk you through the surprisingly complicated process.
Like What You’re Reading?
Sign up for Tips & Tricks newsletter for expert advice to get the most out of your technology.
Update The Xbox One Controller Driver
If the Xbox One Controller driver is missing or corrupted, the controller cannot work properly on your PC. So you can try to update the controller driver. There are two methods to update the driver. This method is update the driver manually via Device Manager. If you dont time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy .
Follow these steps to update the driver via Device Manager.
1) On your keyboard, press the Win+R at the same time to invoke the run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter on your keyboard. This is to open Device Manager.
3) Expand Microsoft Xbox One Controller. Right-click on it and click Update Driver Software.
4) Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will install the new driver.
If the issue persists, follow steps below to update the driver again:
1) In Device Manager, right-click on Microsoft Xbox One Controller and click Update Driver Software.
2) Click Browse my computer for driver software.
3) Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
4) Select Microsoft Xbox One Controller then click Next button.
Read Also: Xbox One Manual Eject
How Do I Update My Xbox One Controller
For best performance, you need to make your Xbox One controller up-to-date. Or if the Windows doesnt install the controller driver automatically, follow the guide here to update your Xbox One controller.
You can download the Xbox One controller online and install it on your Windows manually. Or if youre not confident playing around with driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy to save much more time.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You dont need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you dont need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you dont need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks :
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system .
After updating your controller, restart your Windows and try your controller again.
Connect Your Xbox Controller To Pc With A Wired Connection
This is very simple, but you do need a physical cable connecting the controller to your PC. Here’s how you do it.
Plug one end of your USB-to-micro USB or USB-to-USB-C cable into the controller.
Plug the other end into your PC
That’s it! It will automatically configure under Windows 10 and work with virtually any game on your PC.
You May Like: How To Connect Xbox To Hotspot
How To Connect Your Xbox One Controller To Pc
Get a grip and control your Pi!
Howchoo is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission at no cost to you.
If you have a USB cable for your controller, plug the cable into a USB slot on your computer. It should automatically register as a usable USB controller.
Xbox One controllers can use what’s known as Xbox Wireless. Some Windows PCs have an Xbox Wireless adapter built in, but you can easily snag one on Amazon if yours doesn’t.
To connect your Xbox One controller using Bluetooth, your PC will need the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. You can find information about updating your computer on the official Windows blog.
How To Connect Your Xbox One Controller With A Wireless Adapter
- Step 1: Purchase the Xbox Wireless Adapter .
- Step 2: Connect Xbox Wireless Adapter to an open USB port on your PC. Complete the setup process for the adapter as outlined here.
- Step 3: Press the Guide button on your controller to turn it on.
- Step 4: Press and hold the sync button on top of the controller until the Xbox logo begins flashing .
- Step 5: Press and hold the small sync button on the adapter. The Guide button will flash faster while searching for the pair. Once the Xbox logo on the controller stops flashing and turns solid, youre good to go.
You May Like: How To Get Someones Ip On Xbox
Connect Xbox Controller Using Usb Cable
When connecting an Xbox one controller to a PC, its important to know that the process differs significantly depending on the controller youre using. The Xbox Series X, Xbox Elite Series 2, and Xbox Adaptive controllers require a USB-C cable, whereas the previous Xbox One pad has a Micro-USB connector.
Simple Tips To Connect A Controller To A Pc
If you have an Xbox One console and love to use the controller while gaming then definitely you want to use it on your PC also. Gaming on PC is through default keyboard and mouse which gives you a lot of options but still if you are finding it hard and looking for a solution on how to pair the Xbox controller to a Windows 10 PC then here is a guide for you. Xbox One controller connects through Bluetooth to the console, the same method can be used to connect it to a PC. It is simple and will allow you to enjoy games on PC using an Xbox Controler. There are two ways to connect an Xbox One controller to a PC.
You May Like: How To Change Name Xbox One
Solution : Update Xbox One Controller
Updating your controller with the latest software make you get full use of your Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter capabilities and important controller improvements. You can update your controller wirelessly or via USB or PC. Here are steps of updating via PC.
1. Download and install Xbox Accessories application in Microsoft Store.
2. Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
3. Connect your Xbox One Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
4. If you see the message Update required, it indicates your controller needs to be updated. Click it to get your controller updated.
Supposing that you want to update wirelessly or by USB, you need to sign in Xbox Live on the Xbox One console, press Xbox button on the controller to open the guide, and then follow this path System> Kinect & devices> Devices & accessories> select controller> Device info> Firmware version> Continue.
After the update is completed, test the controller to see if the problem is solved.
How To Use An Xbox One Controller On Pc
06 November 2020
Pro tips for getting the most out of Microsoft’s latest controller via USB, wireless adapter, or Bluetooth.
If you want to use a controller on PC, you just can’t beat the convenience of the Xbox gamepad. If you want a dead simple plug-and-play experience, the Xbox controller is the obvious choice, and it’s definitely among the best PC controllers, anywayMicrosoft revised its controller after the launch of the Xbox One, making its bumpers feel better and adding Bluetooth connectivity.
Thanks to the built-in Windows driver, you won’t need any special software for your PC to immediately recognize your pad. So what’s the point of a guide at all?
Well, there are a couple ways to hook up the Xbox One controller wirelessly, and a few things you should know about the different iterations of the controller and what how exactly they’ll work with your PC.
Connect An Xbox Controller To Your Pc Easily
You have plenty of options for connecting an Xbox One or Xbox Series S|X controller to your PC. Whether you want to connect with a USB cable for the simplest option or prefer to connect wirelessly with Bluetooth, now you understand the available methods.
Meanwhile, a Windows PC isn’t the only device you can connect an Xbox controller to.