How To Create A New Xbox Account On Xbox One
While you can create a profile right on Xbox One, I would rather suggest to you to create it online. In the end its Xbox Live service is available for Windows 10 PC or anywhere Xbox Live works.
The same steps can be done on Xbox One as well. When you click on Add New, you have the option to signin with an old account or create new one. However, its cumbersome to type all the details. So instead choose this option.
Does Game Sharing On Xbox One Work With All Games
If you’re looking for the catch when it comes to game sharing on Xbox One, there really aren’t many at all. If you game share with a friend you’ll have access to all their games, even titles from subscription services, but you won’t have access to the trials that are part of EA Access. Games included in the EA Access Vault, as part of Game Pass, and Games with Gold should all be playable via game sharing.
Gamesharing On Xbox Series X
If youre looking to gameshare on one of Microsofts new systems Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S the process is very similar to how it works on Xbox One. Weve written up a detailed gamesharing on the Xbox Series X guide, walking you through each step of the process, as there are a few key differences. We love the gamesharing feature available on newer consoles since it allows users to share games without spending a lot of extra money.
Also Check: How To Hack Xbox 360
Xbox Family Settings Mobile App
Microsoft has also recently introduced into preview the Xbox Family Settings app for iPhone and Android. The Android version can be downloaded by anyone from the Google Play Store while the iPhone version was only opened up to the first 10,000 applicants through Testflight.
It doesn’t do anything you can’t already do through the web portal as detailed above, but what it does is allow you to apply and monitor settings and activity from your smartphone, removing the need to be in front of a PC.
It’s still a work in progress but it’s a pretty handy thing to have, and in conjunction with the main Family Safety app which is also in preview gives you access to everything you need wherever you are.
Why Add Your Microsoft Account To Your Xbox Series X Or S Console
The primary reason why you play is to have fun, either alone or together with your family, friends, or even with strangers. But just like in other aspects of our lives, you can double the fun youre getting by also sharing your achievements with others.
If you want to let others know what youve accomplished so far, or how far youve progressed so far in your favorite game, you can do so by adding your Microsoft account to your Xbox.
Adding your Microsoft account is easy but so is removing it.
Just like in adding an account, you can also remove your Microsoft account any time.
Recommended Reading: How To Split Screen On Minecraft Xbox One
Consider Updating It Before Gifting It
First thing’s first, you’ll need to update that Xbox One! Providing the child in question won’t mind, I highly advise anyone buying Xbox consoles this year to carefully remove it from the box and connect it to your home internet, following the instructions bundled in the box.
The Xbox One has been continuously updated since launch, and the unit you receive might not be fully up to date. The patches can be gigabytes in size, and give your new console tons of extra features, but it can take a long time to update and install, especially if you’re on a slower connection.
To make sure the day isn’t spoiled by long update times, consider setting it up early, then re-boxing it after the updates are complete.
How To Gameshare On An Xbox One
1. Turn on your Xbox One and sign in to your Xbox Live account.
2. Press the Xbox button and navigate to the far-left side of the menu. Select “Add new” and press the “A” button.
3. Using your controller, type in your friend’s Xbox Live account information and press “A” on your controller.
4. After you finish reading the privacy statement, select “Next” and press “A” on the controller, then follow the instructions on the next screen to set the preferences for your friend’s account.
5. Press the Xbox button again and navigate to the far-left side of the menu. Select the account you just added and press “A” on the controller, select “Sign in,” and press “A” again.
6. Press the Xbox button and navigate to the far-right side of the menu. Select “Settings” and press “A” on the controller.
7. On the next screen, select “Personalization,” then select “My home Xbox” and press “A.”
8. Select “Make this my home Xbox” and press A again.
9. Repeat these steps, only this time, add your Xbox Live account information to your friend’s Xbox One, and set their Xbox One as your home Xbox.
Once you have added each other’s accounts to your respective Xbox One consoles and properly set up your corresponding home Xboxes, you should be able to access each other’s game Libraries and Xbox Live Gold perks.
Also Check: How To Eject Disc From Xbox One Using Controller
Things You Should Know Before Gamesharing
The process comes with a few risks. Your friend will be able to make purchases through your account on the Xbox Store, so be careful about what information you save on your account. We highly recommend you only set up gamesharing with a trusted friend or family member. That way to wont have to worry about them making purchases without your permission.
If you lose your internet connection, you wont be able to access your digital game library unless youve identified your Xbox One as your home Xbox. Other users on your console also wont have access to your games or Xbox Live Gold subscription if it isnt your home Xbox.
Any time you switch to a new Xbox One or upgrade to an Xbox One X, you will have to repeat the whole process over again. Also, keep in mind that you can only change your home Xbox five times annually before Microsoft cuts you off from any more changes. This prevents you from frequently switching accounts with your friends to share their games. To ensure you wont get locked out of your account due to changing your home Xbox, pick one friend to switch with periodically before changing your settings.
Can You Transfer Xbox Games To Another Account
You cannot transfer to another account, but you can share your games with another cosole if you sig into your account in the other console. Transfering digital games between 2 accounts will not be possible. Only way of getting it on the other account is when you request a refund and purchase it on the other account.
Also Check: How To Rgh Xbox 360
How To Create And Manage Xbox Guest Account On The Console
Many a time you may have guests in your house, and they want to experience Xbox One gaming right on your console. It follows its previous versions, and an update to the Xbox One console has enabled the Guest account for Xbox One. This gives them the opportunity to experience the gaming on the console, an opportunity for you to convince them how awesome gaming is when you have a console. In this guide, I am sharing how to create and manage Xbox Guest Account.
Can Two Profiles Share Xbox Live
Polygon reports that multiple accounts will be able to share an Xbox Live Gold membership from a console. Unsurprisingly, Xbox One owners wont have to purchase a separate Xbox Live subscription to utilize the new console alongside the Xbox 360. Existing Xbox Live Gold memberships will apply to both systems.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect Xbox Live To Hotel Wifi
Create And Manage Xbox Guest Account
The advantage of setting up a guest account goes both ways. You have more control compared to a regular account, and they can participate in side-by-side multiplayer games but does not have their own Xbox Live account or gamertag.
What happens when you create a guest account? Xbox creates a temporary account. It is a copy of the account of the family member who is currently on the console. Once their experience is complete, you can sign them out, and it also removes them from the console.
How to create a guest account on Xbox One
- Turn on your Xbox One and sign-in with your account on the console.
- Next, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and use the d-pad on the controller to extreme left where you can see your profile.
- Here you will have the option to Add Guest. Press A on your controller.
- You will instantly get notification of another account created. In my case, it is named wpxbox.
- Xbox might ask for a confirmation for your account through Kinect if thats installed. Skip it to stay in guest account.
Now, if you go back to your profile again, you will see options to switch to Guest account.
- Scroll down and select switch profile, select guest account. Look at the image above.
- You can add another controller to your Xbox One, and then let the guest use it to play with you.
In case the second controller is not able to identify the guest account, do the following.
How to remove a guest account from your Xbox One console
How Do I Make My Xbox Account Primary
How can I designate an Xbox One console as my home Xbox?
Read Also: How To Change Xbox Name On App
How To Remove Users From Xbox Series X / S And Xbox One
First, you need to open the Settings app. Chances are this is one of your most recent apps, meaning it’ll be already on the home screen, but if not, you can find it by:
- Pressing the Guide button on the controller, selecting the last option on the right, and finding Settings in the middle
- From console’s main dashboard, pressing Y to Search, then typing in Settings
- Selecting ‘My Games and Apps’ , then Apps on the left, then select Settings
Once you have opened Settings, from the menu options on the left, go to Account, then Remove accounts on the bottom right.
This will then bring up a list of all the accounts on the system, from Gamertags to guest accounts. Select the one you want, then remove.
Remember, you can always keep a Gamertag on another console and have it password protected, ensuring no one can access it but saves you going through the steps outlined earlier on the page.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our policy.
To Add Another Account To Onedrive On Your Computer
If you already have a personal OneDrive account set up, you can only add work or school accounts.
Select the OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar or Mac menu bar.
In Settings, select Account, and then select Add an account.
When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your new account, and then select Sign in.
Read Also: Xbox App Change Gamertag
Xbox One Guest Account Limitations
It is interesting that since Xbox One creates a copy of your profile, it enjoys almost everything on the console, including multiplayer. However, there are set of limitations as it is not a signed-in account. So what are the limitations for that account?
Control Ratings and New Account Creation
- Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller, and use the right bumper to navigate to the end of the flyer menu. Select Settings.
- Now go to System > Signed-out content restrictions.
- Here you can create a guest key. It will allow guest to access contents according to your restrictions when nobody else is available.
- Select Create a guest key, and press A on your controller. The guest key is a combination of controls on your controller.
Once done, you can configure Age-based ratings for apps and games. You can also choose to limit download and make a new account option. This will make sure you havent given open access to everything on your console.
- Privacy and online safety settings for the guest account are same as yours or of the family members with most restrictive settings. For example, if a child is signed in, the guest is restricted by the childs settings.
- The guest account cannot purchase games or subscribe to any service using the hosts account.
- There is no way to save settings of the guest once he logs out. Any gameplay, achievements, etc. are lost immediately.
Add People To A Family Group
If you’ve added your family’s Microsoft accounts to your PC, you can set them up as a Microsoft family. It’s a free service that helps families stay connected and keep kids safer on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices, along with Android devices running Microsoft Launcher.
Note: If you have trouble adding a Microsoft account, see Microsoft account FAQ.
Recommended Reading: How To Make New Xbox Account
Do You Need A New Xbox Account
You may not need to make a new account for the following reasons:
- You can edit almost all information associated with your Xbox account including your name and Gamertag. You dont need to make a new account to change either.
- Xbox accounts can be used on multiple consoles and devices. The same Xbox account you used on the Xbox 360 can still be used on the Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, and Xbox Series X consoles. Theres no need to make a new account every time you buy a new console.
You can make as many new Xbox accounts as you want, but its important to remember that game progress cannot be transferred between Xbox accounts.
Making a new Xbox account will create a completely new account with none of your gaming history or Xbox friends associated with it.
Is Already A Microsoft Account Please Try A Different Phone Number
If you received the message This phone number has already been taken when adding a phone number to an account, it means the phone number is already associated with another Microsoft account. You can transfer the phone number if you own both accounts. Sign in to the account that has the phone number you want to move.
Read Also: Where To Sell Xbox 360
How To Gameshare On Xbox One
Now that you’re signed in on your friend’s Xbox One, press the Xbox button on the controller again. When the menu pops up, go to ‘system’, then ‘settings’ and finally ‘personalization’.
In the ‘personalization’ menu, select ‘my home Xbox’. This will register your friend’s Xbox One as your account’s default console, allowing their Xbox One console to access your Xbox One games library – so they can sign into their own account and still have access. If you check your friend’s Xbox One games and apps, your own library should sit alongside theirs, ready to install.
To access your friend’s Xbox One games library, repeat the same steps on your home console, but this time with your friend signing into your Xbox One.
This method not only shares your Xbox One games but also your Xbox Live Gold membership.
To register your own Xbox One console as your home Xbox, follow the steps above on your own console.
How To Add Your Microsoft Account To Your Xbox Series X Or S
Below are the simple steps to begin adding your Microsoft account to your new Xbox Series X or S:
Also Check: How To Change Xbox Name On App
How Do I Set Up Split
I’m not sure if I’m being entirely dense about this, but I can’t seem to find an obvious way to set up 2 player split-screen for local co-op using a guest account on my Xbox One.
As far as I can tell I’ve signed in on the second controller using a guest account, but this doesn’t seem to add that controller to a party, so when I try to start a game I see this:
Is there something simple I’m missing? Or is this just not possible?
- 1Have you tried using a normal/non-guest account for the second player? I don’t have the game, so I can’t test this, but it might be worth a try in order to narrow down the problem.
While both users are signed in you have to be at the main menu, have the second player or guest player press the start button and that should load their user and after that you should be good to go to select campaign or versus and so on. If that don’t work, after you already have both users signed in, quit the game and restart the game. This being a Xbox 360 game originally, you will need to press the start and options buttons on ones remote to set up said guest account on the Xbox one.