How To Share Xbox Live Gold With A Friend
It’s not just games you can share with friends on the Xbox One; you can also share an Xbox Live Gold membership. The process detailed above will also let you share a single Xbox Live Gold membership with a friend. It’s worth noting that while you can share one person’s Xbox Live Gold membership, any Xbox One games acquired via Games With Gold will no longer be playable if the account that acquired them is no longer Gold level. We’ve got the best prices on Xbox Live Gold memberships just below, with deals for the UK and the US.
Xbox Gamesharing Made Easy
Now you know how to set up and use gamesharing on your Xbox One. As long as you do this with someone you know well, it’s a great way to cut down on gaming costs. In case Microsoft ever cuts off this function, it’s a smart idea to split the games you buy between you and your friend.
Now that you have all those gameshared games, you’ll need a place to store them. Thankfully, the Xbox One lets you add more storage using an external hard drive.
Simple Steps To Gameshare On Xbox One Console Techwhoop
With this advancing world and the advancement in the technology, we take out time from our busy schedule and play games, isnt it? Some get addicted to the game while some still play for just refreshment or fun. Thus, you must know how to Gameshare on Xbox One.
But these, are the ordinary people, talking about the hardcore gamers; they dont play the standard games like you and me. The games that they play are quite high in graphics, every advance in technology, require high-end devices like a powerful GPU, a monitor that can support that GPU without any frame drop, gears, and most importantly a video game console like Playstation, Xbox or any other. If you want to remove your credit card from xbox one, .
Also Check: How To Connect Airpods To Xbox One Controller
How To Game Share With Friends On Xbox Series X
This also applies to Xbox One and Xbox Series S for those wondering.
Before you do anything, make sure the person your sharing with is a close friend or family member. Only share with people you trust.
Once your comfortable, here is your step by step guide:
After you’ve done this, you’ll then want to do it again but for on your friends Xbox, so you can both share in the benefits.
It’s important to note that you can add your friend’s account to your Xbox, but unless you set their profile as your ‘Home Xbox’ you won’t be able to game share.
Have fun sharing!
How Does Game Sharing Work On Xbox Series X
In order to game share on Xbox Series X | S, you first need to find someone to share with, which can often be the most difficult aspect in this whole process. Family and friends are usually the safest options, but try not to share with random people on the internet. Youre leaving yourself vulnerable there, as game sharing requires the mutual exchanging of personal details.
To game share on Xbox Series X | S, youll need both accounts downloaded on each Xbox. To do so, press the Guide button on your controller and go to add new on the user account menu. Then, youll want to set the other persons Xbox as your accounts Home Xbox, and vice versa for that second person. Youll do this by going to the settings menu, then personalisation and hitting the big button that says make this my home Xbox.
How it works is that any extra account on the Xbox can play games that the home Xbox account holder owns without having to sign them in. If two users share their details together, they can effectively play both of their libraries, and they can even share Xbox Live Gold privileges.
Recommended Reading: Can I Connect My Xbox To My Laptop
Can You Still Gameshare On Xbox One In 2021
You can certainly share your games with another Xbox console even after the 2021 updates. Microsoft has not yet scrapped this option, and it does not plan to do so soon. You can use the Gameshare features on the Xbox one, the Xbox One S, and the Xbox One X as well! To find out how to set up the Game-sharing feature on your Xbox and the partner Xbox, you can read the next question.;
S You Must Perform On Friends Xbox One For Gamesharing
Now your friends Xbox profile is on your Xbox One, but theres one more set of steps to follow before you have successfully got their games.
- While signed in with your friends Xbox account.
- Now you have to press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
- After that select System.
- Then you must go to Settings.
- Now you must click on Personalization.
- Select My home Xbox.
- After doing so, you have to click on Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
Things you must know before Gamesharing on Xbox One:
- Gameshare on Xbox One works only for digital games, so physical copies arent affected.
- Gameshare Xbox One also shares Xbox Live Gold benefits, so you can take turns subscribing with your friend.
- Gameshare on Xbox One allows you both of you to play a shared game at the same time.
- Theres some restriction on changing the My home Xbox setting, and you can change it five times per year. This starts when you make the first change, so take care not to change it too often.
- Do not gameshare with people you dont know. Providing someone with your account information lets them access the payment information attached to your account so that they could go on a spending rampage on the Microsoft Store. Only do this with someone you trust.
- Changing passwords does not affect gamesharing. But you just dont change the Home Xbox setting.
You May Like: How To Mod Gta 5 Xbox One Usb
Things To Consider When Gamesharing On Xbox One
You should know a few important points about Xbox gamesharing before you decide to do it. While the process is safe in theory as long as you do it with a trusted friend, it has some caveats you should know before you start:
- Gamesharing only works for digital games. If you want to play a game that your friend has a physical copy of, you’ll need the disc. Of course, if they let you borrow the disc, they can’t play the game at the same time.
- When gamesharing, Xbox Live Gold benefits become available to everyone on the console, so you can take turns subscribing with your friend.
- As an added bonus, you can gameshare titles from Xbox Game Pass too.;This expands your game collection drastically, and you can split the cost of a subscription between the two of you if you like.
- You can’t usually share account-specific items. These include in-game currency, single-use pre-order bonuses, or items bought with in-game purchases.
- Both of you can play a shared game at the same time.
- You can only change the My home Xbox setting five times per year. This period starts when you make the first change, so take care not to change it too often. Only set your home Xbox once you’ve understood everything about the process.
Thankfully, after setting up gamesharing, you can each change your account password and gamesharing will still work fine . Just don’t change the Home Xbox setting and you’ll be fine.
How To Use The Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar: Game Capture Screenshots Widgets And More
The Windows 10 Game Bar is an underrated feature which allows you to easily screenshot, record, and stream directly from a game without the need for external software. Recently, the Game Bar got a fresh coat of paint, along with speed improvements and other new features. Here’s what you need to know.
You May Like: How To Make Xbox One Connection Better
Are There Any Drawbacks To Game Sharing
A couple, yeah. To reiterate, game sharing requires the mutual exchange of personal details, meaning you should only share your details with someone you trust. On top of that, you can make purchases on each others accounts without the others permission, so try to avoid handing over your account to someone you dont know.
On top of that, game sharing requires a pretty stable internet connection, as you wont be able to use your digital library if the internet goes out. While thats true of digital games anyway on the Xbox One, its worth noting. Lastly, you can only switch your home Xbox five times a year, so if you choose to share your account with someone else, make sure its a more long-term commitment.
/ Acquire Your Friends/family Members Account Information
This is the most important step in the whole process. You can not game-share without sharing your account information with the person you want to share your games with.
If you want to share your game with someone else then you need to share your Xbox Live email and password with the person and if you want your friend to share his/her games with you then he/she must share their email/password with you.
However, if you and your friend live close by then you can have him/her input his password on your Xbox while you do the same with him/her. The system will leave an access key, but wont remember your password.
Once you have the account information, head over to the next step.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Xbox One To Hotel Wifi
How To Gameshare On Xbox One Easily
If you dont know about Gameshare then it is the process of giving a friend or family member unrestricted access to your digital games, often called gamesharing, is surprisingly simple, but comes with some significant restrictions. For Gameshare on Xbox One, you and your friend will both need Xbox One systems and your own accounts with games that youd like to access. In this article on How to Gameshare Xbox One, well explain how you can share your Xbox One games with a friend and use a friends Xbox One games. Game sharing will even let you share an Xbox Live Gold account.
How Many Times Can You Gameshare On Xbox
Once the account has been set up, you can play as many games as possible from each others libraries. You can also play these games any number of times that you want. However, it can only be shared between the two paired accounts and no one else. If you want to pair with another;friend, then that is also possible. However, you can only change the My home Xbox option five times per year. So, you;have to;be careful when you are removing an account and wasting this option.;
Recommended Reading: How To Get Gta Mods On Xbox One
Remotely Deactivate Your Home Xbox
Unfortunately, Microsoft doesnt allow you to remotely deactivate an Xbox console as your Home device. But, there is a quick and easy workaround to this. If youve logged into a friends device and you forgot to deactivate it, simply sign in to your Microsoft account and change the password.
Scroll down and click Update under the Security tab.
Click the option to Change my Password.
Now, you can either set yours as your home device or leave it alone. Once youve changed the password, your friend will no longer have access to your Xbox account.
This will only remove your home Xbox activation from the console. If you wish to remove your account from the Xbox as well, you will need to do so with access to the console.
How To Gameshare With Friends On Xbox Series X
Work with a friend to get extra benefits on your console.
Gamesharing is a neat and nifty way for you and a friend to share your Xbox Live Gold subscription, as well as your entire digital game library. And the method is returning with the Xbox Series X and S.
Gamesharing comes with its own risks and rewards, though. Gamesharing can only be done between two people at most. When gamesharing, also make sure its with a person you trust since theyll basically have access to your Xbox account whenever they want on their system.
In addition, Microsoft could block gamesharing in the future and the games that can be shared are only those that you have each bought digitally. Any physical games cant be shared through this process.
With that in mind, here are the steps to set up gamesharing on your system.
Also Check: Xbox.com/forgot For Help Code 8015d002
S You Must Perform On Your Xbox One For Gamesharing
If you want to Gameshare on Xbox One, then you must know that youll need to log into their console with your Xbox Live username and password and make it your Home Console.
- First of all, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- After that scroll left to the Sign In tab.
- Then click on the Add new option.
- Either get your friends Microsoft account email address or phone number plus password they use to sign in or let them sign in on your Xbox One.
- Review the privacy statement summary.
- Then select Next.
- Then find and select your friends Gamertag.
- Now finally select Sign in.
Ea Play On Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Microsoft and EA have been close for a long time now, with EA Access once exclusive on Xbox One. While the exclusivity is no more, what’s about to happen is something nobody expected.
EA Play, a subscription service on its own that allows access to a selection of EA’s vast back catalog of games, will become part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Game Pass for PC.
So with one single subscription to Game Pass Ultimate, you’ll not only have access to the Game Pass Library on both console and PC and Cloud Gaming, but soon EA’s subscription service, too.
If you didn’t already think that Game Pass Ultimate is the best value package in gaming, this pretty much seals it.
You May Like: How To Make Xbox Home Xbox
Setting Up Of Xbox One Game Sharing
How To Share Your Xbox Game Pass Pc Subscription With Your Family
Xbox Game Pass PC has been a game changer in recent years. Why pay the full price for the latest games, when you can pay a monthly fee for hundreds of games to choose from?
Did you know that a single Xbox Game Pass subscription can be shared among family members? Let’s say you have 2 or 3 computers at home, and you want to play the games from the Game Pass library on all devices: there is a way to do that.
How to share your Xbox Game Pass PC subscription with your family
1. Go to the Microsoft Family management page, and invite your family members to the group. Once they have accepted the invite, proceed to the next step.
Note: You can also add members from the Windows 10 Settings App > Accounts > Family and other users.
2. You will need an active Game Pass subscription in your primary account.
3. Sign in to the same account on the second computer. You can do this from the Microsoft Store app, sign out of the current account, and then login to your primary account.
4. Open the Xbox app on your family member’s PC, click on the user-profile. If they already have an Xbox ID, have them sign in to it. Else, just create a new account for them.
That’s it. Now you and your family can access the same Xbox Game Pass PC subscription. If you have issues getting the Xbox app to recognize your subscription, close the app and open it.
Please note that you cannot share EA Play with your family. This only works with the games in the Xbox library.
Don’t Miss: Do Original Xbox Games Work On Xbox 360