Heres How You Can Connect The 8bitdo Wireless Usb Adapter To Your Nintendo Switch
The following steps are one-time setup that you need to do when you first pair your Bluetooth controller into Nintendo Switch via 8BitDo Wireless USB Adapter.
1) Dock your Nintendo Switch, but do not turn it on yet.
2) Once docked, plug in the 8BitDo Wireless USB adapter into one of the USB ports on the side of the Nintendo Switch dock.
3) Turn on your Nintendo Switch.
4) On Nintendo Switch home screen, go into the System Settings.
5) Inside System Settings, scroll down until you find Controllers and Sensors. Select Controllers and Sensors.
6) Find Pro Controller Wired Communications, then turn it on.
7) Push the Pairing button on the 8BitDo Wireless USB adapter. Pairing button is located at the end of the 8BitDo Wireless USB Adapter.
8) Then on your controller , activate it on pairing mode.Do read your controller manual to set it up on pairing mode. Depends on which controller are you pairing, but typically in pairing mode, the LED of your controller will start blinking.
9) Once the controller is successfully paired to 8BitDo Wireless USB Adapter, depends on which controller are you pairing, typically the LED of your controller will stop blinking and showing solid light.
Pros And Cons Of Using 8bitdo Wireless Usb Adapter
|+ You can use any Bluetooth controller of your choice.+ Cheaper than buying a new Nintendo Switch Joy-Con or Pro Controller||Depends on the controller you are using, but you may not get a HD rumble nor gyro function.It works only for Nintendo Switch that comes with a Dock. If your Nintendo Switch doesnt come with Dock , then you cant use this 8BitDo Wireless USB Adapter.|
How To Connect With The Xbox Wireless Adapter For Windows
This process is nearly as simple as connecting with a USB cable, and is basically identical to connecting the controller to an Xbox console.
1. Plug the Xbox Wireless adapter into a USB port.
2. Turn on your Xbox One controller by holding the Guide button in the center. Now press the the small sync button on the top of the controller until the Guide button begins flashing.
3. Press the small sync button located on the side of the Xbox Wireless adapter for a couple seconds. Watch the flashing Guide button on the controller. When it goes solid, you’re connected!
Don’t Miss: How To Return Games On Xbox
Can You Use A Xbox Controller On Iphone
To connect an Xbox controller to your iPhone and play games with it, youll need to have at least iOS 13. You can connect nearly any Xbox controller, whether its from the Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S. Make sure that your Xbox controller has Bluetooth and is in pairing mode before trying to connect it.
How To Use An Xbox One Controller With The Nintendo Switch Docked
1: Plug the Mayflash Magic-NS Controller Adapter into one of the Switchs dock USB ports.
2: Press and hold the small black button on the controller adapter to change modes. Again, if you have the original Nintendo Switch press the black button until the Red LED lights up. If you have the newer Switch with extended battery life, wait for the Purple light.
3: Press and release the black button to make the LED light flash.
4: As the light flashes, wake your Xbox One controller by pressing its home button.
5: On the top of the Xbox One controller there is a small button. Press it and the Xbox symbol will start flashing. This will enable the controller and the Nintendo Switch to sync via Bluetooth.
6: If a screen comes up on your Nintendo Switch, press LB and RB buttons on your controller simultaneously.
Thats it. Once you complete the above process the Nintendo Switch will be playable using the Xbox One controller.
Nintendo definitely wouldnt like you to use the Xbox One controller with the Switch, but thanks to technology it is possible.
So, if you have an Xbox One controller laying around somewhere, put it to good use.
Using the console will also save you money if you had considered purchasing the Nintendo Switch Pro controller for a better Switch gaming experience.
Recommended Reading: When Does The Xbox X Series Come Out
Prepare The Mayflash Magic Ns 2 On Nintendo Switch
These steps seem to help the Mayflash Magic NS circumvent some issues with pairing.
Can You Use Xbox Controller Without Adapter
XBox One controllers work with most modern TVs and gaming consoles, but there are a few exceptions. If you have an older TV or console that doesnt support Xbox One controllers natively, you can use an adapter to connect the controller to the TV.
Adapter options vary in price and quality, but most are relatively affordable and work just fine. Just make sure the adapter you choose is compatible with your TV and console.
To connect your controller without an adapter, simply plug the controllers USB cable into the back of your TV or gaming console and plug the other end of the cable into the controller.
Don’t Miss: Is Portal 2 On Xbox One
How To Play Roblox With A Nintendo Switch Controller On Pc
Your Switch Pro Controller can be connected to your PC or laptop using either Bluetooth or a USB cable. The cable connection is similar to that shown above. For the Bluetooth connection, hold the Pairing button on your Switch Pro Controller until the lights at the bottom of the controller flash.
You can even play Steam games with your Switch Pro Controller.
Once configured, the Pro Controller should function with all Steam games, including Roblox.
Choose Your Preferred Language :
Ever wanted to use PlayStation DualShock or DualSense controller or Xbox wireless controller or other 3rd party Bluetooth controller on your Nintendo Switch? Well, dont just dream on. You can actually use them on your Nintendo Switch. However, an add-on is required in order for your PlayStation, Xbox or other 3rd party controller to be able to connect to your Nintendo Switch. Check out below.
- This article shares how you can use various kinds of controllers on your Nintendo Switch, be it PlayStation or Xbox controller and even other 3rd party controllers.
- If you find this article / content inside is already obsolete, do let me know by commenting on the comment section below so that I can update the article to reflect the latest process/news. Thanks.
Read Also: How To Point In Gta 5 Xbox One
Can I Use Xbox Series X
You might have noticed that the controller for the Xbox Series X|S is near-identical to the Xbox One controller. As it turns out, Microsoft has baked forward and backward compatibility into these controllers.
This means that you can use Xbox One controllers on your Xbox Series X or Series S. In addition, you can use Xbox Series X|S controllers on your Xbox One system. This is a handy way to enjoy multiplayer titles on either console without worrying about controller compatibility.
Since the controllers are almost the same, you aren’t missing out on anything major by using the older Xbox One controller with an Xbox Series X|S. The Xbox One controller lacks the dedicated button on the new controller, but that’s not essential for gameplay. The only other improvements, aside from USB-C charging, are better grip textures and an improved D-pad.
See our guide to using Xbox One controllers on the Xbox Series X|S for more info.
How To Connect A Nintendo Switch Pro Controller To Pc
To connect the Switch Pro controller on your PC wirelessly, youll either need to have Bluetooth built in, or have a Bluetooth dongle lying around. Assuming you do, heres how you connect your Switch Pro controller to PC via Bluetooth.
1. Press the Start button, and then press Settings.
2. In the window that opens, select Devices, which is the second choice on the top row.
3. Make sure the Bluetooth toggle is switched on, and then press Add Bluetooth or other device.
4. You now have to choose the kind of device you want to connect. Ignore the mention of Xbox controllers at the bottom, and press the top option: Bluetooth.”
5. You now need to put your Switch Pro controller in pairing mode. Pick it up and find the small button on the left side of the charging port .
Press and hold the button until the set of lights on the underside of the pad starts flashing back and forth.
6. Back on your computer, a list will have begun to fill featuring Bluetooth devices that can be connected. The Switch Pro controller will appear here, and its thankfully easy to spot, named simply Pro Controller.” Click this option.
7. All being well, youll get confirmation with the words Your device is ready to go!Once youve seen this message, your gamepad is connected.
Recommended Reading: How To Set Account As Home Xbox
Still Having Trouble Try Fixing Your Xbox Controller
Now you know the methods to pair your Xbox One controller, or an Xbox Series X|S controller, with any model of Xbox console. It’s not difficult, so if you run into a problem, you may have a physical issue with your controller.
Try using the controller on a friend’s Xbox if possible. If that doesn’t work, contact Xbox Support about a replacement or hardware repair. Failing that, you’ll need to buy a new controller from the many options available.
Bitdo Wireless Bluetooth Adapter 2 Xbox Controller In Wireless Docked Mode
I’m sure that Nintendo never intended us to do things like use an Xbox controller with a Switch. However, fortunately for us, we live in a wonderful modern world where third parties help us out with adapters to solve so many of gaming’s little problems.
Don’t Miss: Will The New Xbox Have Vr
Magic Ns 2 Wireless Adapter Xbox Controller In Wireless Tabletop Mode
There are a few different adapters you can use to setup your Xbox controller with your Switch. We’ll show you how to use the Magic-NS 2 Adapter. This method works for Switch Lite, Switch, and Switch OLED.
How To Sync An Xbox One Controller To Your Console Wirelessly
Wireless pairing is the most convenient method for connecting your Xbox controller to your Xbox. Here’s how to connect your Xbox controller to your system wirelessly:
Once you’ve paired your Xbox controller successfully, you can use it to navigate the home screen and play games. You’ll see the current battery level at the top-right of the menu on the Xbox dashboard.
You May Like: How To Cancel Xbox Live Subscription
Can You Connect An Xbox One Controller To A Nintendo Switch
If you own an Xbox one controller, you can use it with a Nintendo switch.
To connect an Xbox one controller to a Nintendo switch, follow these steps:
1. Plug in the controllers USB cable.2. Launch the Nintendo Switch System Settings application on your phone or tablet.3. Select Controller Settings from the menu on the left side of the screen.4. Scroll down to Advanced Settings and select it.5. Under Connections, select USB Controller .6. Click the blue plus sign next to Xbox One Controller and choose Nintendo Switch from the list of devices that appears.7. Click OK to save your changes and start using your Xbox one controller with the Nintendo switch!
Bitdo Wireless Bluetooth Adapter 2 Xbox Controller In Wireless Tabletop Mode
If you’d rather use the 8Bitdo Wireless Bluetooth Adapter 2, follow these instructions. This method works for the Switch Lite, Nintendo Switch, and Switch OLED in tabletop mode.
Now you’re good to start playing any of your favorite Nintendo Switch games with an Xbox controller. If you specifically want help using the Xbox controller in docked mode, continue reading for further instructions.
You May Like: How To Make Another Xbox Account
Meet The 8bitdo Wireless Usb Adapter
This is the adapter that make it possible to use various kinds of Bluetooth controllers on Nintendo Switch. Made by 8BitDo, it claims the adapter can connect nearly all wireless controllers to your Nintendo Switch, by plugging the USB adapter into your Nintendo Switch dock.
Check out the adapter in action showing Nintendo Switch games played with PlayStation DualSense & DualShock controllers
The Reason Why You Want To Use Playstation Xbox Or Other 3rd Party Controllers On Your Nintendo Switch
Im pretty sure there are plenty of reasons why you want to do so. But for my case, here are the reasons why I want to connect non-Nintendo Switch controller into my Nintendo Switch and probably you have same/similar reasons like me:
- Other controllers, such as PlayStation and Xbox controllers have better form and shape and are more comfortably held on hands when compared to Nintendo Switch Joy-Con.
- I have already existing other Bluetooth controllers and doesnt want to fork huge from my saving to buy another controllers, especially if the controller doesnt work well in other platforms .
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con and Pro controller are more expensive compared to other Bluetooth controllers on the market Im just looking for extra controller to play my games on Nintendo Switch.
Don’t Miss: How To Remove Parental Controls On Xbox One